Join Our Team at Holy Cross Hospital
I started with Holy Cross Hospital as a PBX Operator in 2009 and now I am working in the IT Department. Holy Cross invested in me and I am grateful. I love the different daily adventures I face along with the people I work with.
We’re the employer you’ve been looking for.
Taos Health Systems & Holy Cross Hospital provides excellent in-patient hospital care, health education, out-patient services and clinic-based health services within northern New Mexico. We're your community hospital, and exceptional healthcare begins with an exceptional environment for caregivers comprised of over 400 employees.
In addition to being the health care choice for patients, we strive to be an employer of choice for staff. We are always pleased to welcome outstanding and talented people to the Holy Cross Hospital family to be part of our team.
Holy Cross offers rewarding career opportunities in an environment of teamwork, professionalism, and respect. Together, we combine technological expertise with a special human touch providing quality health care, hope and healing.
Holy Cross Hospital offers an exceptional benefits program to its employees. The following information will introduce you to the many options employees can elect.
As as a member of the THS team, you have an opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of those we interact with every day. We acknowledge that it is through our words, actions, and attitudes that our mission comes to life. We have adopted the following values and Standards of Behavior to represent our commitment to excellence for our patients, families, providers, and team members.
- Safety & Quality
- Respect & Courtesy
Explore New Possibilities
Student Job Shadow Opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity for students to explore careers in healthcare. Job shadowing involves following or shadowing a professional throughout a workday to get a close look at what particular job involves. It’s an ideal way to determine if a particular career path if right for you. Students can either be sponsored by an educational institution or become one of our youth auxiliary volunteers.
Our 100 plus auxiliary volunteers man our gift shop and surgery desk as well as serve as Emergency Department Advocates logging in close to 9000 hours annually. Simply stated, we couldn’t do it with out them! Perhaps becoming one of our volunteers is something you are considering. Contact us at 575-758-8883 to learn more.
Education Loans (Application)
Taos Health Systems / Holy Cross Hospital firmly believes in developing careers for its employees. We have education loans available. To learn more contact HR at 575-751-5741.
- Benefits Brochure (Holy Cross Hospital)
- Benefits Brochure (Taos Professional Services)
- Union Contract
- Employee Values / Behavior Standards
- Campus Map
FAQ’s: LEARN MORE & APPLY
What is a typical hiring process.?
- Complete Virtual online Application
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- If invited for an Interview, Take Online Behavioral Assessment
- Recruiter Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Peer Panel Interview
- Leadership Panel Interview (for mgmt. positions only)
- * The Order, Additions and Deletions of steps are subject to change.
What does Per diem mean?
As a member of our Per Diem staff, you will be there when you’re needed most. You’ll adhere to a flexible schedule and be ready to hit the ground running during peak operation times, to cover vacations and for special projects. That’s because you may be called in to fill a shift the same day as needed. Many times, Per Diem employees may find themselves transitioning into Full-time or Part-time roles within a hospital.
How many hours does a per diem get scheduled?
Your role as a Per Diem employee lends itself to a flexible schedule with varying hours depending on department need and candidate availability
What is a Behavior Assessment?
Here at Taos Health Systems, we take who you are into account. That’s why we take special care to assess how your personality traits fit into THS- STAR behaviors. The Behavioral Assessment is not a pass/fail test, but rather indicates which jobs and disciplines will allow your qualities to best shine through. You should allow 15 to 25 minutes to take the assessment. It is THS’'s policy that we do not share the results with candidates.
I have already filled out an application; do I have to fill out that information all over again?
We take your application seriously—and that’s why each is reviewed separately. So to be considered for a position, you must apply to it directly.
Will I be notified either way regarding an interview?
Here at THS, we want your application process to be as smooth as possible. That’s why we’ll notify you regarding interviews either way. If you appear to meet the qualifications of the position you are applying for, a recruiter /manager may call you for an interview. If the position closed or we think you may be better suited elsewhere, you will be notified via email. Please take into account that we experience a large volume of applications, so this process may take up to several weeks.
What is a peer panel interview?
THS Peer Panel Interviews offer your potential colleagues a chance to get to know you. They typically consist of 2 to 5 employees from within the department of the position for which you are applying. Since your peers will be familiar with the job, they’ll consider your qualifications, experience, and fit within the department and STAR values to decide whether it’s the right match.
What is a leadership panel interview?
If you are applying for a management related position, approximately 3 to 5 employees from outside the department for which you are interviewing will take their time carefully reviewing your candidacy.
If I am having trouble applying what should I do?
For assistance about a job posting or career opportunity, you may call our Human Resources department at 575-751-5782 between the hours of 8:00 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Positions Available Date Posted
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 4, 2018
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Anticoagulation Provider May 31, 2018
- Billing Manager June 7, 2018
- Billing Specialist May 24, 2018
- Dietitian March 28, 2018
- Education Coordinator January 5, 2018
- Environmental Service Laundry Aide I July 19, 2018
- ER Tech II July 12, 2018
- Food Service Worker/Cook July 19, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- Medical Assistant II- Primary Care July 3, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (FT) June 19, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (PT) April 27, 2017
- PBX Operator I March 28, 2018
- Physical Therapist Assistant July 19, 2018
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP February 9, 2017
- Registered Nurse- ER May 22, 2018
- Registered Nurse- ER June 7, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU June 21, 2018
- Registered Respiratory Therapist June 7, 2018
- RN- Surgical Tech/First Assist May 12, 2017
- RN-Circulator January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator March 8, 2018
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Surgical Tech II May 24, 2018
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017