Medical Lab Scientist (Chemistry Section Head)Posted: February 7, 2013
Performs general duties pertaining to the processing of patient samples so as to accommodate accurate and timely laboratory testing. Responsible for accurately performing tests and reporting results in the fields of microbiology, coagulation, chemistry, hematology, transfusion medicine, serology and urinalysis
Medical Lab Scientist (Section Head): Has additional duties in the following areas: quality control, ordering and inventory, maintenance, survey testing and accreditation, regulations, teaching/mentoring/ policies and procedures, daily departmental functions and interdepartmental functions.
Hourly Wage Range: $24.20-$42.35
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
Phone: (575) 751-5741
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or laboratory science and Medical Technology program from an accredited institution required.
- MT (ASCP) / AMT / NCA / ASMT or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of Laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing preferred.
- CPR required
- Good Customer Service skills required.
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decisions are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Communicates new material, equipment, and procedures to all members of the team. Is responsible for delivering patient care within institutional guidelines.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Nurse Practioner - Wound Care Specialist May 1, 2014
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 7, 2014
- Certified Coder/ Absractor-Inpatient March 27, 2014
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist March 6, 2014
- CNA-Med Surg June 26, 2014
- COLFAX - CNA April 10, 2014
- COLFAX - Cook/Food Service Aide August 19, 2014
- COLFAX - LPN/RN August 13, 2014
- COLFAX - Medical Assistant June 12, 2014
- Data Coordinator August 7, 2014
- Eligibility and Enrollment Coordinator August 7, 2014
- Emergency Physician / Medical Director May 1, 2014
- Grant Accountant I August 7, 2014
- Home Visitor August 7, 2014
- Medical Assistant - TPS/Dermatology July 17, 2014
- Medical Assistant- Women's Health Institute August 7, 2014
- NP/FNP/PA-Dermatology August 7, 2014
- Nurse Practioner - Pediatrics August 7, 2014
- Nurse Practioner -Apogee Hospitalist January 16, 2014
- Occupational Therapist - Center for Physical Health February 20, 2014
- Patient Sitter August 7, 2014
- Peri-Operative RN / Circulator June 5, 2014
- Physical Therapist - Outpatient May 1, 2014
- Physical Therapy Technician -CPH July 24, 2014
- Practice Coding/ Billing/Collections Specialist August 7, 2014
- Registered Nurse - TPS/Dermatology July 17, 2014
- Registered Nurse -SANE November 21, 2013
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department August 7, 2014
- Sonographer-General March 13, 2014
- Unit Care Specialist-Tech II April 17, 2014