Clinical Documentation Improvement SpecialistPosted: March 6, 2014
This position uses clinical/nursing knowledge of documentation requirements to improve overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation of patient records on a concurrent basis using a multidisciplinary team process. Collaborates extensively with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and the medical records coding staff to improve quality and completeness of documentation of care provided and coded. Facilitates concurrent modifications to clinical documentation to ensure commensurate reimbursement of clinical severity and services rendered to patients with all payers.
- Understanding and ability to apply ICD-9 and ICS-10 codes for reimbursement.
- Abilty to review physican documentation for adequate compliant coding.
Schedule: Full Time (40 hours / week)
Contact: Gayle Martinez
The Clinical Documentation Improvement Professional may be but is not limited to:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
• Minimum of five (5) years direct clinical nursing experience required.
Certified Coding Speicalist with a minimun of 4 years inpatient coding experience.
• Working knowledge and understanding of ICD-10 CM and PCS
• Strong interpersonal communication skills required.
• Experience developing and presenting educational programs required.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
• Analytical skills required.
• Knowledge of Managed Care concepts and strategies and DRG reimbursement required.
Clinical Documentation Certification or obtainment of within 1 year of hire
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Nurse Practioner - Wound Care Specialist May 1, 2014
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 7, 2014
- Advanced Practice Clinicians (NP or PA-C) September 25, 2014
- Advanced Practice Clinicians - Dermatology August 7, 2014
- Billing Specialist October 16, 2014
- Certified Coder/ Absractor-Inpatient March 27, 2014
- Certified Nurse Midwife September 9, 2014
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist March 6, 2014
- COLFAX - CNA April 10, 2014
- COLFAX - Cook/Food Service Aide September 24, 2014
- COLFAX - LPN/RN August 13, 2014
- COLFAX - Medical Assistant June 12, 2014
- Emergency Physician / Medical Director May 1, 2014
- Environmental Service Aid September 18, 2014
- Environmental Service Worker - Penasco October 2, 2014
- Food Service Worker August 28, 2014
- Human Resources Offficer October 16, 2014
- Nurse Practioner - Penasco September 18, 2014
- Nurse Practioner -Apogee Hospitalist January 16, 2014
- Patient Sitter October 16, 2014
- Pediatric Hospitalist Nurse Practioner August 7, 2014
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 28, 2014
- Registered Nurse - Observation Unit September 18, 2014
- Registered Nurse -SANE November 21, 2013
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department August 7, 2014
- Registration Clerk October 2, 2014
- Sonographer July 24, 2014
- Sonographer October 16, 2014