Director of LaboratoryPosted: August 15, 2013
Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Laboratory. Manages the financial aspects of the department and directs the quality assurance activities. Holds a shared responsibility with the Medical Laboratory Director to be accessible to testing personnel at all times, either on-site or by telephone consultation to resolve technical problems. Collaborates with and advises the Medical Staff, Department Directors and Managers and Administration in matters relating to the Laboratory. The Director of Laboratory is clinically competent.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in a chemical, physical, or clinical laboratory science and a Medical Technology program from an accredited college or university required.
• MT (ASCP)/AMT/NCA/ASMT or equivalent certification required.
• CPR required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of a Laboratory Department and a minimum of 3 years experience as a Medical Technologist required.
• Minimum of 7 or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of CAP, FDA and OSHA guidelines and accreditation required.
• Knowledge of DNV/NIAHO certification preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPAA and State regulations for acute care facilities required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Nurse Practioner - Wound Care Specialist May 1, 2014
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 7, 2014
- Certified Coder/ Absractor-Inpatient March 27, 2014
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist March 6, 2014
- CNA-Med Surg June 26, 2014
- COLFAX - CNA April 10, 2014
- COLFAX - Cook/Food Service Aide August 19, 2014
- COLFAX - LPN/RN August 13, 2014
- COLFAX - Medical Assistant June 12, 2014
- Data Coordinator August 7, 2014
- Eligibility and Enrollment Coordinator August 7, 2014
- Emergency Physician / Medical Director May 1, 2014
- Grant Accountant I August 7, 2014
- Home Visitor August 7, 2014
- Medical Assistant - TPS/Dermatology July 17, 2014
- Medical Assistant- Women's Health Institute August 7, 2014
- NP/FNP/PA-Dermatology August 7, 2014
- Nurse Practioner - Pediatrics August 7, 2014
- Nurse Practioner -Apogee Hospitalist January 16, 2014
- Occupational Therapist - Center for Physical Health February 20, 2014
- Patient Sitter August 7, 2014
- Peri-Operative RN / Circulator June 5, 2014
- Physical Therapist - Outpatient May 1, 2014
- Physical Therapy Technician -CPH July 24, 2014
- Practice Coding/ Billing/Collections Specialist August 7, 2014
- Registered Nurse - TPS/Dermatology July 17, 2014
- Registered Nurse -SANE November 21, 2013
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department August 7, 2014
- Sonographer-General March 13, 2014
- Unit Care Specialist-Tech II April 17, 2014