Director of LaboratoryPosted: August 15, 2013
Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Laboratory. Manages the financial aspects of the department and directs the quality assurance activities. Holds a shared responsibility with the Medical Laboratory Director to be accessible to testing personnel at all times, either on-site or by telephone consultation to resolve technical problems. Collaborates with and advises the Medical Staff, Department Directors and Managers and Administration in matters relating to the Laboratory. The Director of Laboratory is clinically competent.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in a chemical, physical, or clinical laboratory science and a Medical Technology program from an accredited college or university required.
• MT (ASCP)/AMT/NCA/ASMT or equivalent certification required.
• CPR required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of a Laboratory Department and a minimum of 3 years experience as a Medical Technologist required.
• Minimum of 7 or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of CAP, FDA and OSHA guidelines and accreditation required.
• Knowledge of DNV/NIAHO certification preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPAA and State regulations for acute care facilities required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Accountant II November 14, 2013
- Cashier - PBX November 27, 2013
- COLFAX - Registred Nurse May 31, 2013
- Grant Accounting Bookkeeper December 5, 2013
- Home Visitor December 5, 2013
- Medical Lab Scientist (Microbiology Section Head) January 10, 2013
- Nurse Case Manager November 14, 2013
- Patient Sitter November 14, 2013
- Registered Nurse - Observation Unit December 5, 2013
- Registered Nurse -SANE November 21, 2013
- Respiratory Therapist December 5, 2013
- Staff/ Meditech Educator November 7, 2013