Patient SitterPosted: December 10, 2015
Deliver 1:1 patient sitting services, under the supervision of the Clinical Director of Inpatient and ED Services, House Shift manager or licensed nurse. Patient Sitting services are extremely limited due to safety and liability concerns. Patient Sitter (PS) will not work outside of the scope delinetated below. Effectively interacts with patients, their significant others, and other health team members while maintaining professional standards.
Performs duties independently under the authority of a licensed nurse, operating from specific and defined directions and instructions, listed in their scope of services:
Patient sitting services are restricted to only the following activities: monitoring a patient’s movements to prevent falls by alerting clinical staff when patient is in distress or is attempting to move in a way that could incur an injury (i.e falling out of bed or out of a chair); assisting patient with repositioning for comfort; and providing conversation and companionship to a patient to decrease stress and confusion. See the Patient Sitter scope of services for detailed expectations.
Schedule: (0-12 hrs/week)
Contact: Gayle Martinez
- High school diploma or GED.
- BLS certification required prior to beginning work.
- Past experience or currently obtaining education in healthcare-related field desired.
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ER- Registered Nurse December 1, 2016
- Medical Lab Scientist November 11, 2016
- Registered Nurse - LDRP November 17, 2016
- Security Guard December 8, 2016
- Accounts Receivable Assistant November 17, 2016
- Accounts Receivable Posting Analyst December 22, 2016
- Birthing Assistant June 16, 2016
- Compliance Officer January 12, 2017
- Director of Patient Care Services November 11, 2016
- Director of Surgical Services August 11, 2016
- Family Nurse Practioner December 8, 2016
- Food Service Worker I-II (Barista /Cook) September 22, 2016
- House Relief Supervisor January 6, 2017
- Housekeeper - Temporary December 29, 2016
- LDRP Manager November 17, 2016
- Medical Assistant - Taos Professional Services (Float) January 12, 2017
- PBX Operator December 8, 2016
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Physical Therapy Assistant May 19, 2016
- Physical Therapy Technician (Center for Physical Health) December 1, 2016
- Registered Nurse (Advanced Care Unit) July 8, 2016
- Registered Nurse - LDRP July 21, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg September 16, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg November 17, 2016
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU July 8, 2016
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU December 22, 2016
- Surgical Technician December 22, 2016