Patient SitterPosted: December 10, 2015
Deliver 1:1 patient sitting services, under the supervision of the Clinical Director of Inpatient and ED Services, House Shift manager or licensed nurse. Patient Sitting services are extremely limited due to safety and liability concerns. Patient Sitter (PS) will not work outside of the scope delinetated below. Effectively interacts with patients, their significant others, and other health team members while maintaining professional standards.
Performs duties independently under the authority of a licensed nurse, operating from specific and defined directions and instructions, listed in their scope of services:
Patient sitting services are restricted to only the following activities: monitoring a patient’s movements to prevent falls by alerting clinical staff when patient is in distress or is attempting to move in a way that could incur an injury (i.e falling out of bed or out of a chair); assisting patient with repositioning for comfort; and providing conversation and companionship to a patient to decrease stress and confusion. See the Patient Sitter scope of services for detailed expectations.
Schedule: (0-12 hrs/week)
Contact: Gayle Martinez
- High school diploma or GED.
- BLS certification required prior to beginning work.
- Past experience or currently obtaining education in healthcare-related field desired.
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Security Guard August 2, 2016
- Advanced Practice Clinician (ER) August 2, 2016
- Birthing Assistant June 16, 2016
- Chief Nursing Officer February 11, 2016
- Circulator RN August 2, 2016
- Clinic Coordinator (Taos Surgical Specialties) July 21, 2016
- Clinical Staff Pharmacist August 2, 2016
- Director of Surgical Services August 11, 2016
- Emergency Physician March 31, 2016
- Medical Assistant (High Road Dermatology) August 9, 2016
- Medical Assistant (High Road Dermatology) June 9, 2016
- Medical Assistant (Primary Care) May 26, 2016
- Nurse Practioner August 25, 2016
- Occupational Therapist August 23, 2016
- Patient Accounts Manager August 16, 2016
- PBX Operator May 5, 2016
- PHO Executive Director July 21, 2016
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Physical Therapy Assistant May 19, 2016
- Registered Nurse (Advanced Care Unit) July 8, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Dept. August 2, 2016
- Registered Nurse - LDRP July 21, 2016
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg August 11, 2016
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU July 8, 2016
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU August 16, 2016
- RN Case Manager August 25, 2016
- Scrub Tech August 2, 2016