Patient SitterPosted: December 10, 2015
Deliver 1:1 patient sitting services, under the supervision of the Clinical Director of Inpatient and ED Services, House Shift manager or licensed nurse. Patient Sitting services are extremely limited due to safety and liability concerns. Patient Sitter (PS) will not work outside of the scope delinetated below. Effectively interacts with patients, their significant others, and other health team members while maintaining professional standards.
Performs duties independently under the authority of a licensed nurse, operating from specific and defined directions and instructions, listed in their scope of services:
Patient sitting services are restricted to only the following activities: monitoring a patient’s movements to prevent falls by alerting clinical staff when patient is in distress or is attempting to move in a way that could incur an injury (i.e falling out of bed or out of a chair); assisting patient with repositioning for comfort; and providing conversation and companionship to a patient to decrease stress and confusion. See the Patient Sitter scope of services for detailed expectations.
Schedule: (0-12 hrs/week)
Contact: Gayle Martinez
- High school diploma or GED.
- BLS certification required prior to beginning work.
- Past experience or currently obtaining education in healthcare-related field desired.
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ER- Registered Nurse December 1, 2016
- ER- Registered Nurse February 23, 2017
- ER- Registered Nurse February 16, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP November 17, 2016
- Security Guard December 23, 2016
- Unit Care Specialist - Med Surg February 23, 2017
- Accounts Receivable Assistant November 17, 2016
- Accounts Receivable Posting Analyst December 22, 2016
- Administrative Assistant March 23, 2017
- Cardiac Sonographer December 29, 2016
- Central Sterile Tech I February 2, 2017
- Clinic Scheduler February 16, 2017
- CNA-Med Surg February 9, 2017
- Compliance Officer January 12, 2017
- Director of Materials February 2, 2017
- Director of Surgical Services August 11, 2016
- Family Nurse Practioner (pediatrics) December 8, 2016
- Food Service Worker (Barista /Cook) February 23, 2017
- House Relief Manager (nights) January 6, 2017
- Housekeeper - Temporary December 29, 2016
- Lab Director February 2, 2017
- LDRP Manager November 17, 2016
- Medical Assistant - Taos Professional Services (Float) February 23, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist February 2, 2017
- Nursing Education Coordinator February 2, 2017
- Occupational Therapist February 16, 2017
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Physical Therapy Technician (Center for Physical Health) December 1, 2016
- Practice Management Director February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care Unit) July 8, 2016
- Registered Nurse - LDRP July 21, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg September 16, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg November 17, 2016
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU December 22, 2016
- Surgical Technician December 22, 2016
- Unit Care Specialist- ER February 16, 2017