Patient SitterPosted: December 10, 2015
Deliver 1:1 patient sitting services, under the supervision of the Clinical Director of Inpatient and ED Services, House Shift manager or licensed nurse. Patient Sitting services are extremely limited due to safety and liability concerns. Patient Sitter (PS) will not work outside of the scope delinetated below. Effectively interacts with patients, their significant others, and other health team members while maintaining professional standards.
Performs duties independently under the authority of a licensed nurse, operating from specific and defined directions and instructions, listed in their scope of services:
Patient sitting services are restricted to only the following activities: monitoring a patient’s movements to prevent falls by alerting clinical staff when patient is in distress or is attempting to move in a way that could incur an injury (i.e falling out of bed or out of a chair); assisting patient with repositioning for comfort; and providing conversation and companionship to a patient to decrease stress and confusion. See the Patient Sitter scope of services for detailed expectations.
Schedule: (0-12 hrs/week)
Contact: Gayle Martinez
- High school diploma or GED.
- BLS certification required prior to beginning work.
- Past experience or currently obtaining education in healthcare-related field desired.
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Registered Nurse - LDRP July 20, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP November 17, 2016
- Accountant II July 20, 2017
- Environmental Service Aid (Relief) August 17, 2017
- Environmental Services Worker August 4, 2017
- Family Nurse Practioner (pediatrics) December 8, 2016
- Food Service Worker August 17, 2017
- LDRP Manager June 22, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist June 29, 2017
- Medical Lab Section Head (Microbiology) June 1, 2017
- Occupational Therapist February 16, 2017
- OR Pre Admission - Registered Nurse May 25, 2017
- PBX Operator August 11, 2017
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care Unit March 30, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit April 6, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 4, 2017
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg August 11, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU February 16, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU April 6, 2017
- Registration Clerk March 23, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist February 9, 2017
- RN Case Management Manager May 5, 2016
- RN Case Manager May 5, 2017
- Sonographer February 9, 2017
- Surgical Technician December 22, 2016
- Surgical Technician May 12, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017