Patient SitterPosted: December 10, 2015
Deliver 1:1 patient sitting services, under the supervision of the Clinical Director of Inpatient and ED Services, House Shift manager or licensed nurse. Patient Sitting services are extremely limited due to safety and liability concerns. Patient Sitter (PS) will not work outside of the scope delinetated below. Effectively interacts with patients, their significant others, and other health team members while maintaining professional standards.
Performs duties independently under the authority of a licensed nurse, operating from specific and defined directions and instructions, listed in their scope of services:
Patient sitting services are restricted to only the following activities: monitoring a patient’s movements to prevent falls by alerting clinical staff when patient is in distress or is attempting to move in a way that could incur an injury (i.e falling out of bed or out of a chair); assisting patient with repositioning for comfort; and providing conversation and companionship to a patient to decrease stress and confusion. See the Patient Sitter scope of services for detailed expectations.
Schedule: (0-12 hrs/week)
Contact: Gayle Martinez
- High school diploma or GED.
- BLS certification required prior to beginning work.
- Past experience or currently obtaining education in healthcare-related field desired.
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ER- Registered Nurse December 1, 2016
- ER- Registered Nurse February 23, 2017
- ER- Registered Nurse February 16, 2017
- Unit Care Specialist - Med Surg April 13, 2017
- Cardiac Sonographer December 29, 2016
- Case Management Manager May 5, 2016
- Compliance Officer January 12, 2017
- Director of Materials February 2, 2017
- Employee Health RN March 23, 2017
- Environmental Service Aid (Relief) March 30, 2017
- Family Nurse Practioner (pediatrics) December 8, 2016
- Food Service Worker (Barista /Cook) March 9, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist February 2, 2017
- Occupational Therapist February 16, 2017
- PBX Operator April 6, 2017
- Phlebotomist March 2, 2017
- Phlebotomist March 30, 2017
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Practice Management Director February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit March 30, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit April 6, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP April 5, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 30, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU December 22, 2016
- Registration Clerk March 23, 2017
- Registration Clerk March 30, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist March 9, 2017