Medical Assistant - High Road DermatologyPosted: August 24, 2017
Position interfaces with providers and patients and entails: Rooming of patients including performing patient intake and documentation of vital signs and chief complaint in Athena Electronic Health Record. May queue testing orders for provider in Athena. Handles and processes patient prescription requests according to organizational policy an procedure. May schedule tests and procedures and ensures that results are available for provider when testing/procedure is completed; and follows-up on outstanding patient orders. May perform insurance prior authorizations and eligibility checks. Triages patient calls and takes accurate and detailed telephone messages in Athena for the provider. Secures competencies in point-of-care testing including: Phlebotomy and specimen handling, EKGs, point-of-care urinalyis testing, point-of-care glucose testing, PT INR testing, rapid step testing and instrument sterilization.. Assists and chaperones providers during procedures and treatments. Assists in patient discharges including the printing of after visit summaries and educational materials. Responsible for room turn-over including room stocking, par level maintenance and surface cleaning in accordance with established cleaning policies and procedures. May process patient record requests from outside medical providers. Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor. May be requried to float to other practices to accommodate staffing fluctuations.
MA I: $13.38- $18.74
MA II: $14.19-$19.86
Schedule: Full - Time- 32 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• High School Diploma or GED required.
Graduate of Medical Assistant Course Preferred
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
- Associates Degree may be substituted for medical assistant training
- Will consider training applicants with prior experience in the medical field with solid work references.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Phlebotomist September 18, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP July 20, 2017
- Cardiac Sonographer September 14, 2017
- Certified Nurse Practioner August 17, 2017
- Children's Trust Fund Coordinator September 21, 2017
- CNA-Med Surg August 31, 2017
- Environmental Service Aid (Relief) August 17, 2017
- Family Nurse Practioner (pediatrics) July 6, 2017
- Food Service Worker August 17, 2017
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- LDRP Manager June 22, 2017
- MD / DO August 17, 2017
- Medical Assistant - High Road Dermatology August 24, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist June 29, 2017
- Medical Lab Section Head (Microbiology) June 1, 2017
- Occupational Therapist August 17, 2017
- OR Pre Admission - Registered Nurse May 25, 2017
- PBX Operator September 21, 2017
- Phlebotomist August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care Unit September 7, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit April 6, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 4, 2017
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg August 11, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) July 6, 2017
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department September 21, 2017
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department September 18, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU August 17, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU February 16, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU April 6, 2017
- RN Case Management Manager May 5, 2016
- RN Case Manager May 5, 2017
- Surgical Technician May 12, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017