Compliance OfficerPosted: January 12, 2017
The role of a compliance officer is to make sure that a company is conducting its business in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations that pertain to the healthcare industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards.
The Compliance Officer oversees the Corporate Compliance Program. The Compliance Program functions as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The position ensures the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct.
The Corporate Compliance Office exists:
o As a channel of communication to receive and direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution, and
o As a final internal resource with which concerned parties may communicate after other formal channels and resources have been exhausted.
The Compliance Officer acts as staff to the CEO and Board of Trustees’ Compliance Committee by monitoring and reporting results of the compliance/ethics efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the Board and senior management team on matters relating to compliance. The Compliance Officer, together with the Corporate Compliance Committee, is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
In addition to being a level-headed, clear communicator, other qualities that the Compliance Officer must possess include:
• Ethical and principled: These are the single most important qualities of a compliance manager.
• Fair and modest: Willing to scrutinize all the facts without making a snap judgment, and interview any relevant employees for their perspective.
• Proactive: A honed alertness and vigilance to potential breaches in compliance. This means actively enforcing a mandatory reporting policy and seeking out any weakness in company dealings.
• Intelligent and willing to keep learning: Most industries that employ a compliance officer are subject to constantly changing legislation, so staying on top of things is vital.
• Diligent: Even when it becomes a hassle, a compliance officer must be willing to see an issue through to resolution. Every time
• A strong constitution and extra conviction: Solid backbone and the strength to stand by difficult decisions and be more influenced by right versus wrong than by relationships. Willing to take the lead in setting the tone for corporate integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a healthcare organization, to include demonstrated leadership.
- Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ER- Registered Nurse December 1, 2016
- ER- Registered Nurse February 23, 2017
- ER- Registered Nurse February 16, 2017
- Unit Care Specialist - Med Surg April 13, 2017
- Cardiac Sonographer December 29, 2016
- Case Management Manager May 5, 2016
- CNA-Med Surg April 27, 2017
- Compliance Officer January 12, 2017
- Director of Materials February 2, 2017
- Employee Health RN March 23, 2017
- Environmental Service Aid (Relief) March 30, 2017
- Family Nurse Practioner (pediatrics) December 8, 2016
- Food Service Worker (Barista /Cook) March 9, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist February 2, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Occupational Therapist February 16, 2017
- PBX Operator April 6, 2017
- PBX Operator April 27, 2017
- Phlebotomist March 2, 2017
- Phlebotomist March 30, 2017
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Practice Management Director February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit March 30, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit April 6, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit April 27, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP April 5, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 30, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU December 22, 2016
- Registration Clerk March 23, 2017
- Registration Clerk April 27, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist March 9, 2017