Surgical Technician IV - First AssistPosted: May 12, 2017
The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
The surgical 1st Assist, assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedure. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitors PAR levels of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. The assistant works closely with the surgeon in a hands-on capacity, helping the surgeon by handling vital tasks such as prepping the patient for surgery, providing suturing, clamping, removing scar tissue and positioning patients during surgery to ensure a safe operatio.n Position requires 8,10, or 12 hour shifts to cover department Monday - Friday 06:30 - 17:00. Position requires individual to assume "on call " duty on a rotating basis. Call required to cover evenings, nights, weekends and Holidays.
Schedule: Full Time
Contact: Anthony Ralph
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• CST Certification required
• Three years of experience as an Operating Room Surgical Technologist preferred
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
• Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of advanced surgical anatomy and physiology and surgical procedures
-current first assist certification or Must obtain first assist certification within 1 year of completion from an approved program
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Case Management Director July 12, 2019
- Clinical Informatics-EMR Liason June 21, 2019
- ED Mid-Level Provider February 20, 2019
- Environmental Service Aide Duty Offsite April 25, 2019
- Human Resources Director April 19, 2019
- Medical Staff Coordinator June 20, 2019
- PBX Operator I December 17, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 7, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 13, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 27, 2019
- Registered Nurse -SANE March 19, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 19, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU November 16, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU July 12, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ER May 21, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Full Time) June 27, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Part Time) June 6, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Per Diem) June 6, 2019
- RN-ASCU/PACU June 27, 2019
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) March 8, 2018
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) December 7, 2018
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) August 31, 2017
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) May 25, 2017
- Security Guard July 12, 2019
- Surgical Technician II December 7, 2018