Surgical Technician IV - First AssistPosted: May 12, 2017
The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
The surgical 1st Assist, assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedure. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitors PAR levels of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. The assistant works closely with the surgeon in a hands-on capacity, helping the surgeon by handling vital tasks such as prepping the patient for surgery, providing suturing, clamping, removing scar tissue and positioning patients during surgery to ensure a safe operatio.n Position requires 8,10, or 12 hour shifts to cover department Monday - Friday 06:30 - 17:00. Position requires individual to assume "on call " duty on a rotating basis. Call required to cover evenings, nights, weekends and Holidays.
Schedule: Full Time
Contact: Gayle Martinez
Phone: (575) 751-5741
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• CST Certification required
• Three years of experience as an Operating Room Surgical Technologist preferred
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
• Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of advanced surgical anatomy and physiology and surgical procedures
-current first assist certification or Must obtain first assist certification within 1 year of completion from an approved program
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU October 12, 2017
- Cardiac Sonographer September 14, 2017
- Director of Patient Care Services September 28, 2017
- Environmental Service Aid II October 19, 2017
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- LDRP Manager June 22, 2017
- MD / DO August 17, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist June 29, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist October 26, 2017
- Phlebotomist October 19, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) July 6, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) October 19, 2017
- Registered Nurse- First Assist February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse- First Assist September 28, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU August 17, 2017
- Registration Clerk November 2, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist October 26, 2017
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Sonographer October 19, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017