Scrub Technician III (Certified)Posted: October 19, 2017
Assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedure. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitors PAR levels of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. Position requires 8,10, or 12 hour shifts to cover department Monday - Friday 06:30 - 17:00. Position requires individual to assume "on call " duty on a rotating basis. Call required to cover evenings, nights, weekends and Holidays.
Training/education: orientation of new scrub techs; ongoing staff education/in-services with emphasis in the surgery area; scrub tech training
Meditech: working with Surgeons and staff on keeping preference cards updated - modifying current cards and adding new procedure cards.
Resource management: working with Central Sterile manager/coordinator regarding necessary resources/instruments and supplies
Schedule: Per Diem (0-12 hours per week)
Contact: Valerie Alfaro
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum five years of previous experience working in an Operating Room required.
• Five years experience as an Operating Room Scrub Technician preferred, prior experience as a Central Supply Technician accepted.
Minimum of 1 year of continuous experience in an educational leadership role, including having developed and successfully implemented a training curriculum.
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
• Excellent Customer Service and communication skills required.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Phlebotomist (PT) January 4, 2018
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Education Coordinator - RN January 5, 2018
- Environmental Service Aid I February 8, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- Groundskeeper February 15, 2018
- House Shift Coordinator February 15, 2018
- Human Resources Officer January 4, 2018
- Medical Assistant - Taos Surgical Specialties January 25, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist October 26, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care Unit December 7, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (FT) May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (PT) August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg December 29, 2017
- Registered Nurse -SANE December 21, 2017
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (FT) February 20, 2018
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (per diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (PT) December 29, 2017
- Registered Nurse- First Assist February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse-Circulator January 25, 2018
- Registration Clerk (FT) January 31, 2018
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Social Worker (MSW) January 31, 2018
- Sonographer (per diem) October 19, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017