Service Desk Tech IPosted: October 19, 2017
Position's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end-users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end-user help requests. Problem resolution involves the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require in-person and hands-on help at the desktop level. Requires a high degree of professionalism, customer service and technical expertise. Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, e-mails and help desk ticket system requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors computer issues to ensure a timely resolution. Operates, repairs, upgrades and provides user support in the operations of the various network and computer based equipment. Provides support for PC based software including installation of that software on client workstations and configuration of server based applications. Performs PC based maintenance, repair, upgrade and new installations, including ancillary equipment such as printers, switch-gear, network bridges, cabling, etc. As the primary respondant to help desk requests, effectively prioritizes multiple problems, communicates status of response to users, and collaboratively works with members of the Information Technology department to develop effective and proactive desktop management solutions. Even when presented with difficult technical tasks, maintains a professional and personable demeanour.
The Service Desk Technician proactively researches industry best-practices for desktop management including the utilization of group policies and patch management systems and works with the Senior Service Desk Technician, Infrastructure Administrators, and other members of the the Information Technology Department to develop procedures that align with current industry best-practices. Collaboratively works to design and modify processes that assure that desktop computers are activley monitored, cleaned and maintained regardless of status of calls. Assures that wire management is maintained on all desktop computers throughout the Taos Health System corporation. Collaboratively designs ongoing maintenance plans for desktops to assure high-availability of systems, negating the need of users to call with problems.
May require after hours support. On-call Participation Required. All other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Associate's Degree in the Information Systems field, A+ or related certification, or five to seven years of experience in the Information Systems field preferred.
• A working knowledge of computers and desktop solutions required.
• Strong background in PC based hardware technologies required.
• Computer operations background combined with telephone support or network support experience required.
• Good communication and customer service skills required.
• Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
• Experience with Taos Health Systems standard desktop applications and network environment highly desirable.
• Ability to be a "self-starter" and the ability to maintain high personal motivation are essential.
• Must be able to pay close attention to details and easily adapt to rapidly changing technologies.
?Valid Driver's License
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Phlebotomist (PT) January 4, 2018
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Education Coordinator - RN January 5, 2018
- Environmental Service Aid I February 8, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- Groundskeeper February 15, 2018
- House Shift Coordinator February 15, 2018
- Human Resources Officer January 4, 2018
- Medical Assistant - Taos Surgical Specialties January 25, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist October 26, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care Unit December 7, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (FT) May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (PT) August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg December 29, 2017
- Registered Nurse -SANE December 21, 2017
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (FT) February 20, 2018
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (per diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (PT) December 29, 2017
- Registered Nurse- First Assist February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse-Circulator January 25, 2018
- Registration Clerk (FT) January 31, 2018
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Social Worker (MSW) January 31, 2018
- Sonographer (per diem) October 19, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017