Service Desk Tech IPosted: October 19, 2017
Position's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end-users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end-user help requests. Problem resolution involves the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require in-person and hands-on help at the desktop level. Requires a high degree of professionalism, customer service and technical expertise. Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, e-mails and help desk ticket system requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors computer issues to ensure a timely resolution. Operates, repairs, upgrades and provides user support in the operations of the various network and computer based equipment. Provides support for PC based software including installation of that software on client workstations and configuration of server based applications. Performs PC based maintenance, repair, upgrade and new installations, including ancillary equipment such as printers, switch-gear, network bridges, cabling, etc. As the primary respondant to help desk requests, effectively prioritizes multiple problems, communicates status of response to users, and collaboratively works with members of the Information Technology department to develop effective and proactive desktop management solutions. Even when presented with difficult technical tasks, maintains a professional and personable demeanour.
The Service Desk Technician proactively researches industry best-practices for desktop management including the utilization of group policies and patch management systems and works with the Senior Service Desk Technician, Infrastructure Administrators, and other members of the the Information Technology Department to develop procedures that align with current industry best-practices. Collaboratively works to design and modify processes that assure that desktop computers are activley monitored, cleaned and maintained regardless of status of calls. Assures that wire management is maintained on all desktop computers throughout the Taos Health System corporation. Collaboratively designs ongoing maintenance plans for desktops to assure high-availability of systems, negating the need of users to call with problems.
May require after hours support. On-call Participation Required. All other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Associate's Degree in the Information Systems field, A+ or related certification, or five to seven years of experience in the Information Systems field preferred.
• A working knowledge of computers and desktop solutions required.
• Strong background in PC based hardware technologies required.
• Computer operations background combined with telephone support or network support experience required.
• Good communication and customer service skills required.
• Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
• Experience with Taos Health Systems standard desktop applications and network environment highly desirable.
• Ability to be a "self-starter" and the ability to maintain high personal motivation are essential.
• Must be able to pay close attention to details and easily adapt to rapidly changing technologies.
?Valid Driver's License
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 4, 2018
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Accounting Specialist I - Accounts Payable June 7, 2018
- Anticoagulation Provider May 31, 2018
- Billing Manager June 7, 2018
- Billing Specialist May 24, 2018
- Dietitian March 28, 2018
- Education Coordinator January 5, 2018
- Food Service Worker/Cook April 19, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- Medical Assistant II- Pediatric Clinic February 28, 2018
- Medical Assistant II- Primary Care February 28, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (FT) June 19, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (PT) April 27, 2017
- PBX Operator I March 28, 2018
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP February 9, 2017
- Registered Nurse- ER May 22, 2018
- Registered Nurse- ER June 7, 2018
- Registered Respiratory Therapist June 7, 2018
- Registration Clerk April 19, 2018
- RN Manager-LDRP May 10, 2018
- RN- Surgical Tech/First Assist May 12, 2017
- RN-Circulator January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator March 8, 2018
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Sonographer (per diem) October 19, 2017
- Surgical Tech II May 24, 2018
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017