Service Desk Tech IPosted: October 19, 2017
Position's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end-users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end-user help requests. Problem resolution involves the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require in-person and hands-on help at the desktop level. Requires a high degree of professionalism, customer service and technical expertise. Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, e-mails and help desk ticket system requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors computer issues to ensure a timely resolution. Operates, repairs, upgrades and provides user support in the operations of the various network and computer based equipment. Provides support for PC based software including installation of that software on client workstations and configuration of server based applications. Performs PC based maintenance, repair, upgrade and new installations, including ancillary equipment such as printers, switch-gear, network bridges, cabling, etc. As the primary respondant to help desk requests, effectively prioritizes multiple problems, communicates status of response to users, and collaboratively works with members of the Information Technology department to develop effective and proactive desktop management solutions. Even when presented with difficult technical tasks, maintains a professional and personable demeanour.
The Service Desk Technician proactively researches industry best-practices for desktop management including the utilization of group policies and patch management systems and works with the Senior Service Desk Technician, Infrastructure Administrators, and other members of the the Information Technology Department to develop procedures that align with current industry best-practices. Collaboratively works to design and modify processes that assure that desktop computers are activley monitored, cleaned and maintained regardless of status of calls. Assures that wire management is maintained on all desktop computers throughout the Taos Health System corporation. Collaboratively designs ongoing maintenance plans for desktops to assure high-availability of systems, negating the need of users to call with problems.
May require after hours support. On-call Participation Required. All other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Associate's Degree in the Information Systems field, A+ or related certification, or five to seven years of experience in the Information Systems field preferred.
• A working knowledge of computers and desktop solutions required.
• Strong background in PC based hardware technologies required.
• Computer operations background combined with telephone support or network support experience required.
• Good communication and customer service skills required.
• Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
• Experience with Taos Health Systems standard desktop applications and network environment highly desirable.
• Ability to be a "self-starter" and the ability to maintain high personal motivation are essential.
• Must be able to pay close attention to details and easily adapt to rapidly changing technologies.
?Valid Driver's License
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU October 12, 2017
- Cardiac Sonographer September 14, 2017
- Director of Patient Care Services September 28, 2017
- Environmental Service Aid II October 19, 2017
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- LDRP Manager June 22, 2017
- MD / DO August 17, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist June 29, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist October 26, 2017
- Phlebotomist October 19, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) July 6, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) October 19, 2017
- Registered Nurse- First Assist February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse- First Assist September 28, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU August 17, 2017
- Registration Clerk November 2, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist October 26, 2017
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Sonographer October 19, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017