Medical Assistant II- Pediatric ClinicPosted: February 28, 2018
Position interfaces with providers and patients and entails: Rooming of patients including performing patient intake and documentation of vital signs and chief complaint in Athena Electronic Health Record. May queue testing orders for provider in Athena. Handles and processes patient prescription requests according to organizational policy an procedure. May schedule tests and procedures and ensures that results are available for provider when testing/procedure is completed; and follows-up on outstanding patient orders. May perform insurance prior authorizations and eligibility checks. Triages patient calls and takes accurate and detailed telephone messages in Athena for the provider. Secures competencies in point-of-care testing including: Phlebotomy and specimen handling, EKGs, point-of-care urinalyis testing, point-of-care glucose testing, PT INR testing, rapid step testing and instrument sterilization.. Assists and chaperones providers during procedures and treatments. Assists in patient discharges including the printing of after visit summaries and educational materials. Responsible for room turn-over including room stocking, par level maintenance and surface cleaning in accordance with established cleaning policies and procedures. May process patient record requests from outside medical providers. Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor. May be requried to float to other practices to accommodate staffing fluctuations.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Valerie Alfaro
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Current EMT Certification.
• Graduate of Medical Assistant Course Preferred
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred
Associates Degree may be substituted for medical assistant training
Will consider training applicants with prior experience in the medical field with solid work references.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Phlebotomist (PT) January 4, 2018
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Activity Director March 8, 2018
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Med Surg March 15, 2018
- Education Coordinator January 5, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- House Shift Coordinator February 15, 2018
- Human Resources Officer January 4, 2018
- Lab Director March 15, 2018
- Medical Assistant II- Pediatric Clinic February 28, 2018
- Medical Assistant II- Primary Care February 28, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist October 26, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care Unit December 7, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (FT) May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (PT) August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg December 29, 2017
- Registered Nurse -SANE December 21, 2017
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (FT) March 15, 2018
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (per diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse- First Assist February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-Circulator January 25, 2018
- Registration Clerk (FT) January 31, 2018
- RN-Circulator January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator March 8, 2018
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Sonographer (per diem) October 19, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017