Medical Assistant II- Primary CarePosted: July 3, 2018
Position interfaces with providers and patients and entails: Rooming of patients including performing patient intake and documentation of vital signs and chief complaint in Athena Electronic Health Record. May queue testing orders for provider in Athena. Handles and processes patient prescription requests according to organizational policy an procedure. May schedule tests and procedures and ensures that results are available for provider when testing/procedure is completed; and follows-up on outstanding patient orders. May perform insurance prior authorizations and eligibility checks. Triages patient calls and takes accurate and detailed telephone messages in Athena for the provider. Secures competencies in point-of-care testing including: Phlebotomy and specimen handling, EKGs, point-of-care urinalyis testing, point-of-care glucose testing, PT INR testing, rapid step testing and instrument sterilization.. Assists and chaperones providers during procedures and treatments. Assists in patient discharges including the printing of after visit summaries and educational materials. Responsible for room turn-over including room stocking, par level maintenance and surface cleaning in accordance with established cleaning policies and procedures. May process patient record requests from outside medical providers. Administers medications. Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor. May be required to float to other practices to accommodate stafing fluctuations.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Valerie Alfaro
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Current EMT Certification.
• Graduate of Medical Assistant Course Preferred
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred
- Associates Degree may be substituted for medical assistant training
- Will consider training applicants with prior experience in the medical field with solid work references.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Benefit Navigation Program Coordinator November 1, 2018
- Case Management Manager August 23, 2018
- Director of Plant Operations/Engineering October 19, 2018
- ED Clinical Social Worker October 4, 2018
- ER Tech II September 6, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- HR Recruiter October 18, 2018
- Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist September 20, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (FT) June 19, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- OR Manager October 4, 2018
- PBX Operator I (Part Time) October 4, 2018
- PBX Operator I (Per Diem) March 28, 2018
- Physical Therapist August 13, 2018
- Physical Therapist (Per Diem) August 16, 2018
- Registered Nurse- ER (Full Time) September 6, 2018
- Registered Nurse- ER (Full Time) October 24, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 18, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 19, 2018
- Registration Clerk (Full Time) July 26, 2018
- RN- ER (Full Time) May 22, 2018
- RN- Surgical Tech/First Assist May 12, 2017
- RN-ASCU/PACU (Full Time) June 21, 2018
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) March 8, 2018
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) August 31, 2017
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) May 25, 2017
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) February 9, 2017
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Sonographer October 4, 2018
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician II May 24, 2018
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017