SchedulerPosted: September 12, 2019
Responsible for accurately gathering demographic and financial information on patients. Works with physician offices and various hospital departments to schedule services for the patient. Obtains authorization from insurance carriers and inputs all information into the computer. Provides patient education regarding insurance benefits and payment obligation. Responsible for beginning the interventional worksheets and ensuring all resources are available for procedures like the room, Radiologist, and Pathologist as needed. Ensures accuracy of all dudties performed.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instruction. Decisions are of routine or criticl nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Is responsible for performing job duties within institutional guidelines.
Generally is not supervisor in nature.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with co-workers and the staff of other departments. The most frequent external contacts are with patients and their significant other/family, the staff of physician offices and insurance carriers. Both types of interaction involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
Schedule: Full Time (40hours/week)
Contact: Anthony Ralph
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Previous patient registration experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- * PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional Services August 28, 2020
- A/R Posting Analyst August 20, 2020
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator July 6, 2020
- Cancer Support Coordinator August 5, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Surgical Services September 18, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Women's Health Institute July 3, 2020
- Clinical Informatics - EMR Training Coordinator September 18, 2020
- Director of Pharmacy February 14, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Full Time) September 23, 2020
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III August 28, 2020
- Home Visitor II August 14, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant, - General Surgery August 6, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant- Urology August 25, 2020
- Medical Lab Scientist September 16, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Registration Registration (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Registered Nurse -ACSU/PACU Full-time 0.9 (Sign on Bonus) July 13, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (0630-1900) June 29, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) July 27, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) July 6, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020