SchedulerPosted: September 12, 2019
Responsible for accurately gathering demographic and financial information on patients. Works with physician offices and various hospital departments to schedule services for the patient. Obtains authorization from insurance carriers and inputs all information into the computer. Provides patient education regarding insurance benefits and payment obligation. Responsible for beginning the interventional worksheets and ensuring all resources are available for procedures like the room, Radiologist, and Pathologist as needed. Ensures accuracy of all dudties performed.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instruction. Decisions are of routine or criticl nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Is responsible for performing job duties within institutional guidelines.
Generally is not supervisor in nature.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with co-workers and the staff of other departments. The most frequent external contacts are with patients and their significant other/family, the staff of physician offices and insurance carriers. Both types of interaction involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
Schedule: Full Time (40hours/week)
Contact: Anthony Ralph
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Previous patient registration experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Unit Care Specialist - Emergency Dept (Full Time 36 hrs) May 4, 2020
- Administrative Assistant III - (Full Time) May 19, 2020
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator January 21, 2020
- Case Manager - RN May 13, 2020
- Central Sterile Tech I or II May 6, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler March 12, 2020
- Director of Health Information Management March 4, 2020
- Director of Plant Operations/Engineering March 27, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Per-Diem) March 30, 2020
- Financial Analyst/Support Specialist March 12, 2020
- Medical Assistant II - Cardiology February 6, 2020
- Medical Assistant II - Pediatrics/Primary Care March 12, 2020
- Network-Infrastructure Engineer I January 21, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) February 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU (Part-Time) January 28, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - FT 36 hours/week (Sign-on Bonus) February 27, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER (Per-Diem) February 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hours/week May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week February 6, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) February 14, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full-Time) March 3, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) January 21, 2020
- RN-ASCU/PACU 40 hrs/week March 3, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020