Medical Assistant II (Taos Professional Services)Posted: December 28, 2018
Position interfaces with providers and patients and entails: Rooming of patients including performing patient intake and documentation of vital signs and chief complaint in Athena Electronic Health Record. May queue testing orders for provider in Athena. Handles and processes patient prescription requests according to organizational policy an procedure. May schedule tests and procedures and ensures that results are available for provider when testing/procedure is completed; and follows-up on outstanding patient orders. May perform insurance prior authorizations and eligibility checks. Triages patient calls and takes accurate and detailed telephone messages in Athena for the provider. Secures competencies in point-of-care testing including: Phlebotomy and specimen handling, EKGs, point-of-care urinalyis testing, point-of-care glucose testing, PT INR testing, rapid step testing and instrument sterilization.. Assists and chaperones providers during procedures and treatments. Assists in patient discharges including the printing of after visit summaries and educational materials. Responsible for room turn-over including room stocking, par level maintenance and surface cleaning in accordance with established cleaning policies and procedures. May process patient record requests from outside medical providers. Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor. May be requried to float to other practices to accommodate staffing fluctuations.
Schedule: Full - Time- 40 hours
Contact: Anthony Ralph
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Current EMT Certification.
• Graduate of Medical Assistant Course Preferred
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred
Associates Degree may be substituted for medical assistant training
Will consider training applicants with prior experience in the medical field with solid work references.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Children's Trust Fund Project Coordinator July 25, 2019
- ED Mid-Level Provider February 20, 2019
- ED Mid-Level Provider July 18, 2019
- Employee Health Administrative Assistant August 12, 2019
- Food Service Worker/Barista July 25, 2019
- Medical Assistant July 25, 2019
- Medical Lab Scientist August 15, 2019
- Occupational Therapist August 1, 2019
- Patient Access Manager July 22, 2019
- Patient Sitter August 1, 2019
- PBX Operator I (Per Diem) August 1, 2019
- Physical Therapist-Orthopedic July 18, 2019
- Physical Therapist-Orthopedic August 16, 2019
- Physical Therapist-Orthopedic August 22, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 7, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 13, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 27, 2019
- Registered Nurse -SANE March 19, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 19, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU November 16, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU July 12, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ER May 21, 2019
- Registered Nurse-L & D August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse-L & D May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse-L & D July 25, 2019
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2018
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator December 7, 2018
- Registration Clerk (Per Diem) June 6, 2019
- RN-ASCU/PACU June 27, 2019
- RN-ASCU/PACU August 15, 2019
- Security Guard July 12, 2019
- Surgical Technician II December 7, 2018
- Telemetry Tech (Monitor Tech) August 22, 2019