SonographerPosted: March 7, 2019
Provides health care services, using ultrasound to assist in diagnosis. Performs ultrasound imaging and related procedures in one or all of the areas covered in the scope of practice. Demonstrates anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention by or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services. Performs sonographic procedures in Ultrasound, or a combination of modalities. Responsible for scheduling staff. Responsible for performing quality control in absence of the Lead.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decision are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Communicates new material, equipment, and procedures to all members of the team. Is responsible for delivering patient care within institutional guidelines.
Generally is not supervisory in nature.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with all staff, department leaders and physicians. The most frequent external contacts are with patiens and their guests. Both types of interactions involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
The individual must be able to prioritize a wide variety of tasks, make decisions, cope with stressful situations, meet tight timeframes, adjust to unexpected or unscheduled demands, and revise work.
Schedule: Full - Time- 36 hours
Contact: Anthony Ralph
Education and/or Experience
- Graduated from an accredited school or college program in Ultrasound required.
- Current State of New Mexico licensure as required.
- ARRT registered and/or RDMS certification required. RVT preferred.
- One-year experience as a Sonographer preferred.
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude required. Knowledge of Meditech preferred.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Accounting Specialist I April 4, 2019
- Certified Nursing Assistant April 15, 2019
- Clinical Informatics - EMR Training Coordinator November 26, 2018
- ED Mid-Level Provider February 20, 2019
- Human Resources Director April 19, 2019
- Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist April 17, 2019
- Medical Lab Scientist January 24, 2019
- PBX Operator I December 17, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 7, 2019
- Registered Nurse -SANE March 19, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 19, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU November 16, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ER April 11, 2019
- Respiratory Therapist April 16, 2019
- RN-ASCU/PACU (Full Time) April 1, 2019
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) March 8, 2018
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) December 7, 2018
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) August 31, 2017
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) May 25, 2017
- Sonographer March 7, 2019
- Surg Technician III October 19, 2017
- Surgical Technician II December 7, 2018