Patient Accounts RepresentativePosted: June 6, 2019
Responsible for handling daily correspondence to include preparing and submitting requested information and documenting the patient account. Manages incoming calls. Takes payments over the phone. Proveds excellent customer service support at all times. Ensures accuracy of all duties performed.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decisions are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Is responsible for performing job duties within institutional guidelines.
Generally is not supervisory in nature.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with co-wrkers and the staff of other departments. The most frequent external contacts are with representatives of insurance carriers, government entities and patients. Both types of interactions involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
The individual must b e able to prioritize a wide variety of tasks, make decisions, cope with stressful situations, meet tight timeframes, adjust to unexpected or unscheduled demands, and revise wrok accordingly.
Schedule: Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Contact: Anthony Ralph
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years experience in a healthcare environment or equivalent education in medical and/or business field preferred. Medical billing collection experience preferred.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portabilit and Accountability Act (HIPPA) regulations required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Case Management Director July 12, 2019
- Clinical Informatics-EMR Liason June 21, 2019
- ED Mid-Level Provider February 20, 2019
- Environmental Service Aide Duty Offsite April 25, 2019
- Human Resources Director April 19, 2019
- Medical Staff Coordinator June 20, 2019
- PBX Operator I December 17, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 7, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 13, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 27, 2019
- Registered Nurse -SANE March 19, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 19, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU November 16, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU July 12, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ER May 21, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Full Time) June 27, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Part Time) June 6, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Per Diem) June 6, 2019
- RN-ASCU/PACU June 27, 2019
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) March 8, 2018
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) December 7, 2018
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) August 31, 2017
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) May 25, 2017
- Security Guard July 12, 2019
- Surgical Technician II December 7, 2018