Rehabilitation Services DirectorPosted: June 6, 2019
Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Physical Therapy Department. Performs supervisory duties including hiring, training, evaluating and the day-to-day supervision of the Physical Therapy staff. Develops educational objectives and provides training for physical therapy and nursing personnel. Manages the financial aspects of the department and directs the quality assurance activities. Collaborates with the medical staff, department directors and managers, and administration in matters relating to physical therapy. In addition, performs duties of a staff Physical Therapist.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decisions are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Communicates new material, equipment, and procedures to all members of the team. Is responsible for delivering patient care within institutional guidelines.
Position is supervisory in nature.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with all staff, department leaders and physicians. The most frequent external contacts are with patients and their guests. Both types of interactions involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
The individual must be able to prioritize a wide variety of tasks, make decisions, cope with stressful situations, meet tight timeframes, adjust to unexpected or unscheduled demans, and revise work accordingly.
Schedule: Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Contact: Anthony Ralph
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited college or university required.
- Current Physical Therapist License in the State of New Mexico required.
- Current BLS/CPR & AED certification is require; or obtained within 2 months of hire.
- Five or more years of previous clinical experience in rehabilitation, or physical therapy in an acute care facility and/or outpatient therapy setting and three years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of DNV/NIAHO certification preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPPA and State regulations for acute care facilities required.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Case Management Director July 12, 2019
- Clinical Informatics-EMR Liason June 21, 2019
- ED Mid-Level Provider February 20, 2019
- Environmental Service Aide Duty Offsite April 25, 2019
- Human Resources Director April 19, 2019
- Medical Staff Coordinator June 20, 2019
- PBX Operator I December 17, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 7, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 13, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 27, 2019
- Registered Nurse -SANE March 19, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 19, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU November 16, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU July 12, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ER May 21, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Full Time) June 27, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Part Time) June 6, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Per Diem) June 6, 2019
- RN-ASCU/PACU June 27, 2019
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) March 8, 2018
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) December 7, 2018
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) August 31, 2017
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) May 25, 2017
- Security Guard July 12, 2019
- Surgical Technician II December 7, 2018