Medical Staff CoordinatorPosted: June 20, 2019
This position will provide best practice administrative management services for all aspects of the Medical Staff organization and as mandated by the hospital's Board of Directors. Leadership accountability will be expected in managing practitioner competency systems; policies, procedures and documents; support of Medical Staff Leadership; MSO operations; Medical Staff and hospital collaboration and leadership by demonstrating current practices and by using and integrating technology. The Director will be responsible for developing systems that support the Medical Staff and Hospital's mission and strategic plan. A key performance area will be regulatory and accreditation knowledge and compliance.
Performs duties independently with minimal supervision, operating from specific and definite direction and instructions. Decisions are of routine or critical nature, made within prescribed operating guidelines, policies, and procedures. Is responsible for performing job duties within institutional guidelines.
Generally is not supervisory in nature.
Has both internal and external contacts. The most common internal contacts are with Hospital Administration and the Medical Staff. The most frequent external contacts are with representatives of regulatory and accreditation agencies. Both types of interactions involve information exchange, good customer service and problem solving.
Schedule: Full Time (40 Hours per week)
Contact: Anthony Ralph
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
• NAMSS' Certification (CPMSM and/or CPCS) preferred.
• Minimum of three years in industry setting (MSO, CVO, MCO)
• Demonstrates leadership qualities: takes accountability, uses initiative, takes risks, thinks strategically, possesses critical thinking skills, promotes change, uses good judgement, seeks guidance as needed, serves as a mentor, inspires and motivates others.
• Credentialing technical skills
• Knowledge of diverse and comprehensive systems and functions: (credentialing, priviledging, meeting management, performance improvement, database management, governance, regulatory compliance, leadership development and operations process) performed in a Medical Staff Services Department.
• Overall working knowledge of software programs with a drive to incorporate technology in all operational functions
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to analyze data, make recommendations and implements plans
• Excellent communications skills
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Gets results
• Drives service excellence
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Case Management Director July 12, 2019
- Clinical Informatics-EMR Liason June 21, 2019
- ED Mid-Level Provider February 20, 2019
- Environmental Service Aide Duty Offsite April 25, 2019
- Human Resources Director April 19, 2019
- Medical Staff Coordinator June 20, 2019
- PBX Operator I December 17, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg March 7, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 13, 2019
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg June 27, 2019
- Registered Nurse -SANE March 19, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ACU October 19, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU November 16, 2018
- Registered Nurse-ACU July 12, 2019
- Registered Nurse-ER May 21, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Full Time) June 27, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Part Time) June 6, 2019
- Registration Clerk (Per Diem) June 6, 2019
- RN-ASCU/PACU June 27, 2019
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) March 8, 2018
- RN-Circulator (Full Time) December 7, 2018
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) August 31, 2017
- RN-LDRP (Full Time) May 25, 2017
- Security Guard July 12, 2019
- Surgical Technician II December 7, 2018