Surgical Technician IV-First AssistPosted: January 21, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Surgical Tech IV First Assist we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Surgical Tech IV First Assist
Description: The Surgical Tech will assist surgeon during operative and invasive procedures.
Location: Taos, NM - 1398 Wiemer Rd.
Education: CST Certification required.
Surgical Tech IV First Assist, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Bargaining.
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
The Surgical Tech IV First Assist, assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedure. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure, monitors PAR levels of all levels of all surgical instruments and supplies and cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. The assistant works closely with the surgeon in a hands-on capacity, helping the surgeon by handling vital tasks such as prepping the patient for surgery, providing suturing, clamping, removing scar tissue and positioning patients during surgery to ensure a safe operation. Position requires 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts to cover department Monday-Friday from 0630 - 1700. Position requires individual to assume "on call" duty on a rotating basis. Call required to cover evening, nights, weekend and holidays.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Contact: Lesley Hixson
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- CST Certification required.
- Three years of experience as an Operating Room Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Curent Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of advanced surgical anatomy and physiology and surgical procedures required.
- Current First Assist certification or must be able to obtain First Assist certification within 1 year from an approved program.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator January 21, 2020
- Case Manager - RN May 13, 2020
- Chemistry Technical Consultant June 25, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler March 12, 2020
- Director of Health Information Management March 4, 2020
- Director of Plant Operations/Engineering March 27, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Per-Diem) March 30, 2020
- Financial Analyst/Support Specialist March 12, 2020
- Medical Assistant II - Pediatrics/Primary Care March 12, 2020
- Medical Assistant II - Urology February 6, 2020
- Network-Infrastructure Engineer I January 21, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time June 8, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Part Time June 10, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) February 26, 2020
- Radiology Technologist ~ PRN June 16, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU (Part-Time) January 28, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - FT 36 hours/week (Sign-on Bonus) February 27, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER (Per-Diem) February 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hours/week May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (0630-1900) June 29, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) January 21, 2020
- RN-ASCU/PACU 40 hrs/week March 3, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020