Registered Nurse-Surgical Services Nurse ManagerPosted: January 21, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Surgical Services Nurse Manager RN we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Surgical Services Nurse Manager RN
Department: Surgical Services
Description: Responsible for coordinating all functions of his/her unit and the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
Location: Taos, NM - 1398 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Master's degree preferred but will consider bachelor's degree or associate's degree (with plans to obtain a BSN within 2 years of hire date or currently enrolled in classes working towards a BSN).
Shift: Days, 8 to 10 hour shifts, 40 hours per week.
Surgical Services Nurse Manager RN, Full-Time, 40 hrs./week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Non-Bargaining
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
Under the general supervision of the unit's director, or designee, the Surgical Services Nurse Manager Rn assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
The Surgical Services Nurse Manager Rn will oversee and support the clinical nursing staff (ASCU/PACU, Pre-Admission, OR) during their assigned shift. This is a full time position that is supervisory in nature and directly reports to and collaborates with the Director of Surgical Services in matters relating to Surgical Services (ASCU/PACU, Pre-Admission, Sterile Processing, OR). This position will provide administrative support for the Director.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Gives praise and recognition for good performance; contributes to growth, learning and success of others. Is approachable and accessible; cares about the well-being of others, build strong, positive relationships, confronts difficult issues directly.
• Plan and manage patient care processes to improve performance and efficiency.
• Complies with the Nurse Practice Act and hospital policies.
• Updates and writes policies as needed.
• Oversee daily staffing and OR schedules.
• Promotes staff retention.
• Responsible for personnel functions to include staff, performance reviews and corrective action.
• Facilitates new staff orientation.
• Facilitates delivery of quality patient care.
• Facilitates activities that prepare unit, environment and staff to meet credentialing bodies requirements.
• Plan, organize and delegate activities that are safe, efficient and effective to the operation of the unit to include active participation with other hospital departments and leadership.
• Adheres to and upholds behavior standards and code of conduct.
• Contributes to and communicates the vision of the organization and department.
• Participates in Lifewings Quality Safety reporting.
• Must be able to meet the clinical expectations of the RN position description when necessary.
• Promotes service excellence to improve patient care and customer service.
• Performs other duties as needed.
We are looking for a candidate who works great as a team player with all departments, staff and future employees with positive representation of Holy Cross Medical Center.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Contact: Anthony Ralph
Education and/or Experience:
• Current ACLS, PALS, BLS certification required.
• Ability to speak and read English, bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred.
• Master's Degree preferred but will consider a bachelor's degree or associate’s degree (with plans to obtain a BSN within 2 years of hire date or currently enrolled in classes working towards a BSN).
• Graduate from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
• Current valid New Mexico/Compact license as a Registered Nurse required.
• CNOR preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of current experience in a peri-operative setting required and is clinically competent.
• 2 years or more of leadership experience preferred.
• DNV/Joint Commission inspection experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Peri-Operative standards and compliance specifications (HIPAA, AORN, ASPAN, AAMI, OSHA, DNV, Joint Commission, etc.).
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area.
• Experience within a union environment preferred.
• Possess computer, standard office equipment and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, MS office, internet, email, copier, fax machine, phone, calculator).
• Strong communication and organizational skills required.
• Self-motivated with ability to demonstrate ability to set priorities, achieve objectives, solve problems, meet deadlines, coordinate simultaneous projects and make decisions.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff, patient population, physicians and outside agencies.
• Additional critical care experience is preferred.
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- * PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional Services July 31, 2020
- *** CNAs, MAs & NAs ***COVID Clinic (Temporary) *** FULL TIME July 20, 2020
- ***** Patient Registration Representative - Full Time Days ***Temporary *** COVID Testing Clinic July 20, 2020
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator July 6, 2020
- Billing Specialist August 5, 2020
- Cancer Support Coordinator August 5, 2020
- Certified Nursing Assistant - (Full Time Days) August 7, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler July 3, 2020
- Director of Case Management- Full Time (Sign on & Relocation Eligible) July 9, 2020
- Director of Pharmacy February 14, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Full Time) July 8, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Per-Diem) March 30, 2020
- Materials Specialist 1 (Temporary 3-6 months, Full-time) August 3, 2020
- Medical Assistant- General Surgery August 6, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Registration Registration (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) July 6, 2020
- Physical Therapist July 21, 2020
- Radiology Technologist- Full Time 0.7 (28 hours/week) July 27, 2020
- Registered Nurse -ACSU/PACU Full-time 0.9 (Sign on Bonus) July 13, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER (Per-Diem) February 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (0630-1900) June 29, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) July 20, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) July 6, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020