Nurse Case ManagerPosted: November 14, 2013
Responsible and accountable for clinical and financial operations of the Care Management system. The Manager provides hospital-wide leadership through effective managerial and educational direction in the areas of Care Management operations, resource management, patient flow through the continuum, DRG financial analysis, change management, managed care, guidelines/protocols, clinical documentation and systems improvement. Independent action is required to ensure an integrated process which will coordinate health care delivery across service lines. Frequent interfaces with Senior Leadership, Medical Staff, Quality, Ancillary Services and Nursing in a communicative and change management capacity. Promotes high quality patient care and cost effectiveness by proactively coordinating the entire spectrum of a patient's care; facilitating positive outcomes with appropriate use of resources.
Hourly Wage: $28.00-$40.85
Schedule: Full - Time- 32 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
. Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years recent acute care nursing experience.
• Three (3) years demonstrated nursing management in fast pace, complex environment.
• Multidisciplinary approach to clinical improvement.
• Fiscal Management.
• Managed Care concepts and strategies; DRG reimbursement.
• Convert DRG and Physician practice pattern data information into quantifying data which impacts costs and quality.
• Ability to implement new programs and problem solving mechanisms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting education programs.
• Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party admission and concurrent review criteria.
• Knowledge of "Benchmark" and "Best Practice" methodologies.
• Ability to implement and initiate workload changes and set priorities.
• Care Management Practice/Guidelines, to include analyzing, trending and reporting variances
• Working knowledge of Milliman
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Birth Assistant January 22, 2015
- CNA-Med Surg January 8, 2015
- Security Guard - Temporary (4-6 weeks) January 15, 2015
- ***Section Lead ( Mammography) January 8, 2015
- ***Section Lead (Diagnostic Radiology) January 8, 2015
- ***Section Lead CT Scan) January 8, 2015
- Advanced Practice Clinicians (NP or PA-C) September 25, 2014
- Advanced Practice Clinicians (PA/NP/FNP)--TSS October 23, 2014
- Birth Assistant January 22, 2015
- Certified Coder/ Abstractor-Inpatient March 27, 2014
- Certified Nurse Midwife September 9, 2014
- CNA-Med Surg - Temporary December 30, 2014
- COLFAX - CNA April 10, 2014
- COLFAX - LPN/RN August 13, 2014
- Compliance Officer October 23, 2014
- Diabetes Educator November 6, 2014
- Director of Imaging December 30, 2014
- Emergency Medical Director May 1, 2014
- Environmental Service Aid (Relief) January 8, 2015
- EVS Worker ( Floor Tech) January 14, 2015
- Health Information Management Director December 11, 2014
- Home Visitor January 15, 2015
- Infusion Clinic / Interventional Radiology Staff Nurse December 16, 2014
- Meditech Application Support Analyst January 8, 2015
- Nurse Practioner - Penasco September 18, 2014
- Patient Sitter December 11, 2014
- PBX Operator January 22, 2015
- Phlebotomist December 18, 2014
- Radiology Technologist December 30, 2014
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 28, 2014
- Registered Nurse - Observation Unit September 18, 2014
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg November 13, 2014
- Registered Nurse -SANE November 21, 2013
- Registered Nurse- ICU December 30, 2014
- Relief House Supervisor November 6, 2014
- SANE Coordinator December 30, 2014
- Sonographer October 16, 2014
- Unit Care Specialist-Tech II December 11, 2014