Nurse Case ManagerPosted: November 14, 2013
Responsible and accountable for clinical and financial operations of the Care Management system. The Manager provides hospital-wide leadership through effective managerial and educational direction in the areas of Care Management operations, resource management, patient flow through the continuum, DRG financial analysis, change management, managed care, guidelines/protocols, clinical documentation and systems improvement. Independent action is required to ensure an integrated process which will coordinate health care delivery across service lines. Frequent interfaces with Senior Leadership, Medical Staff, Quality, Ancillary Services and Nursing in a communicative and change management capacity. Promotes high quality patient care and cost effectiveness by proactively coordinating the entire spectrum of a patient's care; facilitating positive outcomes with appropriate use of resources.
Hourly Wage: $28.00-$40.85
Schedule: Full - Time- 32 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
. Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years recent acute care nursing experience.
• Three (3) years demonstrated nursing management in fast pace, complex environment.
• Multidisciplinary approach to clinical improvement.
• Fiscal Management.
• Managed Care concepts and strategies; DRG reimbursement.
• Convert DRG and Physician practice pattern data information into quantifying data which impacts costs and quality.
• Ability to implement new programs and problem solving mechanisms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting education programs.
• Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party admission and concurrent review criteria.
• Knowledge of "Benchmark" and "Best Practice" methodologies.
• Ability to implement and initiate workload changes and set priorities.
• Care Management Practice/Guidelines, to include analyzing, trending and reporting variances
• Working knowledge of Milliman
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 4, 2018
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Accounting Specialist I - Accounts Payable June 7, 2018
- Anticoagulation Provider May 31, 2018
- Billing Manager June 7, 2018
- Billing Specialist May 24, 2018
- Dietitian March 28, 2018
- Education Coordinator January 5, 2018
- Food Service Worker/Cook April 19, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- Medical Assistant II- Pediatric Clinic February 28, 2018
- Medical Assistant II- Primary Care February 28, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (FT) June 19, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist (PT) April 27, 2017
- PBX Operator I March 28, 2018
- Registered Nurse - LDRP August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP February 9, 2017
- Registered Nurse- ER May 22, 2018
- Registered Nurse- ER June 7, 2018
- Registered Respiratory Therapist June 7, 2018
- Registration Clerk April 19, 2018
- RN Manager-LDRP May 10, 2018
- RN- Surgical Tech/First Assist May 12, 2017
- RN-Circulator January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator January 25, 2018
- RN-Circulator March 8, 2018
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Sonographer (per diem) October 19, 2017
- Surgical Tech II May 24, 2018
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017