Nurse Case ManagerPosted: November 14, 2013
Responsible and accountable for clinical and financial operations of the Care Management system. The Manager provides hospital-wide leadership through effective managerial and educational direction in the areas of Care Management operations, resource management, patient flow through the continuum, DRG financial analysis, change management, managed care, guidelines/protocols, clinical documentation and systems improvement. Independent action is required to ensure an integrated process which will coordinate health care delivery across service lines. Frequent interfaces with Senior Leadership, Medical Staff, Quality, Ancillary Services and Nursing in a communicative and change management capacity. Promotes high quality patient care and cost effectiveness by proactively coordinating the entire spectrum of a patient's care; facilitating positive outcomes with appropriate use of resources.
Hourly Wage: $28.00-$40.85
Schedule: Full - Time- 32 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
. Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years recent acute care nursing experience.
• Three (3) years demonstrated nursing management in fast pace, complex environment.
• Multidisciplinary approach to clinical improvement.
• Fiscal Management.
• Managed Care concepts and strategies; DRG reimbursement.
• Convert DRG and Physician practice pattern data information into quantifying data which impacts costs and quality.
• Ability to implement new programs and problem solving mechanisms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting education programs.
• Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party admission and concurrent review criteria.
• Knowledge of "Benchmark" and "Best Practice" methodologies.
• Ability to implement and initiate workload changes and set priorities.
• Care Management Practice/Guidelines, to include analyzing, trending and reporting variances
• Working knowledge of Milliman
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ER- Registered Nurse December 1, 2016
- Medical Lab Scientist November 11, 2016
- Registered Nurse - LDRP November 17, 2016
- Accounts Receivable Assistant November 17, 2016
- Billing & Collections / Patient Accounts Manager August 16, 2016
- Birthing Assistant June 16, 2016
- Director of Patient Care Services November 11, 2016
- Director of Surgical Services August 11, 2016
- Emergency Physician March 31, 2016
- Food Service Worker I-II (Barista /Cook) September 22, 2016
- LDRP Manager November 17, 2016
- Medical Assistant - High Rd Derm (Taos/Santa Fe) December 1, 2016
- Physical Therapy Assistant May 19, 2016
- Physical Therapy Technician (Center for Physical Health) December 1, 2016
- Registered Nurse (Advanced Care Unit) July 8, 2016
- Registered Nurse - LDRP July 21, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg September 16, 2016
- Registered Nurse - Med Surg November 17, 2016
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU July 8, 2016
- Registration Clerk December 1, 2016