Nurse Case ManagerPosted: November 14, 2013
Responsible and accountable for clinical and financial operations of the Care Management system. The Manager provides hospital-wide leadership through effective managerial and educational direction in the areas of Care Management operations, resource management, patient flow through the continuum, DRG financial analysis, change management, managed care, guidelines/protocols, clinical documentation and systems improvement. Independent action is required to ensure an integrated process which will coordinate health care delivery across service lines. Frequent interfaces with Senior Leadership, Medical Staff, Quality, Ancillary Services and Nursing in a communicative and change management capacity. Promotes high quality patient care and cost effectiveness by proactively coordinating the entire spectrum of a patient's care; facilitating positive outcomes with appropriate use of resources.
Hourly Wage: $28.00-$40.85
Schedule: Full - Time- 32 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
. Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years recent acute care nursing experience.
• Three (3) years demonstrated nursing management in fast pace, complex environment.
• Multidisciplinary approach to clinical improvement.
• Fiscal Management.
• Managed Care concepts and strategies; DRG reimbursement.
• Convert DRG and Physician practice pattern data information into quantifying data which impacts costs and quality.
• Ability to implement new programs and problem solving mechanisms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting education programs.
• Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party admission and concurrent review criteria.
• Knowledge of "Benchmark" and "Best Practice" methodologies.
• Ability to implement and initiate workload changes and set priorities.
• Care Management Practice/Guidelines, to include analyzing, trending and reporting variances
• Working knowledge of Milliman
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Phlebotomist (PT) January 4, 2018
- Accountant II February 20, 2018
- Education Coordinator - RN January 5, 2018
- Environmental Service Aid I February 8, 2018
- General Surgeon August 17, 2017
- Groundskeeper February 15, 2018
- House Shift Coordinator February 15, 2018
- Human Resources Officer January 4, 2018
- Medical Assistant - Taos Surgical Specialties January 25, 2018
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist October 26, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist (Per Diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care Unit December 7, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (FT) May 25, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP (PT) August 31, 2017
- Registered Nurse -Med Surg December 29, 2017
- Registered Nurse -SANE December 21, 2017
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (FT) February 20, 2018
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (per diem) January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse- Emergency Department (PT) December 29, 2017
- Registered Nurse- First Assist February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 25, 2018
- Registered Nurse-Circulator January 25, 2018
- Registration Clerk (FT) January 31, 2018
- Scrub Technician III (Certified) October 19, 2017
- Social Worker (MSW) January 31, 2018
- Sonographer (per diem) October 19, 2017
- Surgical Technician (Educator) July 20, 2017
- Surgical Technician IV - First Assist May 12, 2017