Nurse Case ManagerPosted: November 14, 2013
Responsible and accountable for clinical and financial operations of the Care Management system. The Manager provides hospital-wide leadership through effective managerial and educational direction in the areas of Care Management operations, resource management, patient flow through the continuum, DRG financial analysis, change management, managed care, guidelines/protocols, clinical documentation and systems improvement. Independent action is required to ensure an integrated process which will coordinate health care delivery across service lines. Frequent interfaces with Senior Leadership, Medical Staff, Quality, Ancillary Services and Nursing in a communicative and change management capacity. Promotes high quality patient care and cost effectiveness by proactively coordinating the entire spectrum of a patient's care; facilitating positive outcomes with appropriate use of resources.
Hourly Wage: $28.00-$40.85
Schedule: Full - Time- 32 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
. Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years recent acute care nursing experience.
• Three (3) years demonstrated nursing management in fast pace, complex environment.
• Multidisciplinary approach to clinical improvement.
• Fiscal Management.
• Managed Care concepts and strategies; DRG reimbursement.
• Convert DRG and Physician practice pattern data information into quantifying data which impacts costs and quality.
• Ability to implement new programs and problem solving mechanisms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting education programs.
• Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party admission and concurrent review criteria.
• Knowledge of "Benchmark" and "Best Practice" methodologies.
• Ability to implement and initiate workload changes and set priorities.
• Care Management Practice/Guidelines, to include analyzing, trending and reporting variances
• Working knowledge of Milliman
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ER- Registered Nurse February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP November 17, 2016
- Accounting Specialist II May 10, 2017
- Buyer May 24, 2017
- Case Management Manager May 5, 2016
- Director of Materials February 2, 2017
- Employee Health RN March 23, 2017
- Environmental Service Aid (Relief) March 30, 2017
- ER- Registered Nurse May 10, 2017
- Family Nurse Practioner (pediatrics) December 8, 2016
- Housekeeper - Temporary December 29, 2016
- Medical Lab Scientist April 27, 2017
- Occupational Therapist February 16, 2017
- OR Pre Admission - Registered Nurse May 24, 2017
- PBX Operator April 6, 2017
- PBX Operator April 27, 2017
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Practice Management Director February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit April 27, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP April 5, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU February 16, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU April 6, 2017
- Registration Clerk March 23, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist February 9, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist May 10, 2017
- RN Case Manager May 25, 2017
- Sonographer February 9, 2017
- Surgical Technician December 22, 2016
- Surgical Technician May 10, 2017