Nurse Case ManagerPosted: November 14, 2013
Responsible and accountable for clinical and financial operations of the Care Management system. The Manager provides hospital-wide leadership through effective managerial and educational direction in the areas of Care Management operations, resource management, patient flow through the continuum, DRG financial analysis, change management, managed care, guidelines/protocols, clinical documentation and systems improvement. Independent action is required to ensure an integrated process which will coordinate health care delivery across service lines. Frequent interfaces with Senior Leadership, Medical Staff, Quality, Ancillary Services and Nursing in a communicative and change management capacity. Promotes high quality patient care and cost effectiveness by proactively coordinating the entire spectrum of a patient's care; facilitating positive outcomes with appropriate use of resources.
Hourly Wage: $28.00-$40.85
Schedule: Full - Time- 32 hours
Contact: Gayle Martinez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
. Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years recent acute care nursing experience.
• Three (3) years demonstrated nursing management in fast pace, complex environment.
• Multidisciplinary approach to clinical improvement.
• Fiscal Management.
• Managed Care concepts and strategies; DRG reimbursement.
• Convert DRG and Physician practice pattern data information into quantifying data which impacts costs and quality.
• Ability to implement new programs and problem solving mechanisms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting education programs.
• Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party admission and concurrent review criteria.
• Knowledge of "Benchmark" and "Best Practice" methodologies.
• Ability to implement and initiate workload changes and set priorities.
• Care Management Practice/Guidelines, to include analyzing, trending and reporting variances
• Working knowledge of Milliman
This Position is No Longer Available
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ER- Registered Nurse December 1, 2016
- ER- Registered Nurse February 23, 2017
- ER- Registered Nurse February 16, 2017
- Registered Nurse - LDRP November 17, 2016
- Security Guard March 23, 2017
- Cancer Support Services Coordinator March 2, 2017
- Cardiac Sonographer December 29, 2016
- Case Management Manager May 5, 2016
- Central Sterile Tech I March 23, 2017
- Compliance Officer January 12, 2017
- Director of Materials February 2, 2017
- Director of Surgical Services August 11, 2016
- Employee Health RN March 23, 2017
- Family Nurse Practioner (pediatrics) December 8, 2016
- Food Service Worker (Barista /Cook) March 9, 2017
- House Relief Manager (nights) January 6, 2017
- Housekeeper - Temporary December 29, 2016
- Lab Director February 2, 2017
- Medical Assistant - Taos Professional Services March 2, 2017
- Medical Lab Scientist February 2, 2017
- Nursing Education Coordinator February 2, 2017
- Occupational Therapist February 16, 2017
- Phlebotomist March 2, 2017
- Physical Therapist August 25, 2016
- Physical Therapy Technician (Center for Physical Health) December 1, 2016
- Practice Management Director February 23, 2017
- Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (Circulator) February 2, 2017
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU December 22, 2016
- Registration Clerk March 23, 2017
- Respiratory Therapist March 9, 2017