Director of PharmacyPosted: February 14, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Director of Pharmacy we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Director of Pharmacy
Description: Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Pharmacy Department.
Location: Taos, NM - 1398 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy Degree required. PharmD preferred.
Director of Pharmacy, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Non-Bargaining.
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Pharmacy Department. Supervises all pharmacy personnel; recruits, interviews, promotes, disciplines and terminates pharmacy staff. Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of safe medication-use processes throughout the organization. Assures the Pharmacy meets legal, accreditation and certification requirements. Manages the financial aspects of the department and directs the quality assurance activities. Collaborates with the medical staff, department directors and managers, and administration in matters relating to pharmacy. In addition, may perform duties of a Clinical Staff Pharmacist (refer to Clinical Staff Pharmacist job description).
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Contact: Lesley Hixson
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy Degree required.
• Graduate of a Pharm.D. Program preferred.
• Current State of New Mexico Pharmacist license required.
• 3 or more years of previous Pharmacy management experience preferred.
• 5 or more years of previous hospital experience in all aspects of Pharmacy functions preferred.
• Knowledge of DNV/NIAHO certification or other certification program preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPPA and State regulations for acute care facilities required.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- * PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional Services August 28, 2020
- A/R Posting Analyst August 20, 2020
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator July 6, 2020
- Cancer Support Coordinator August 5, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Surgical Services September 18, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Women's Health Institute July 3, 2020
- Clinical Informatics - EMR Training Coordinator September 18, 2020
- Director of Pharmacy February 14, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Full Time) September 23, 2020
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III August 28, 2020
- Home Visitor II August 14, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant, - General Surgery August 6, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant- Urology August 25, 2020
- Medical Lab Scientist September 16, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Registration Registration (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Registered Nurse -ACSU/PACU Full-time 0.9 (Sign on Bonus) July 13, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (0630-1900) June 29, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) July 27, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) July 6, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020