Director of Health Information ManagementPosted: March 4, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Director of Health Information Management we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Director of Health Information Management
Department: Health Information Management
Description: Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Health Information Management Department.
Location: Taos, NM - 1397 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Associates degree required with RHIT certification or bachelor's degree required with RHIA certification.
Director of Health Information Management, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day shift.
Exempt, Salary, Non-Bargaining.
Benefited position starting first day of the month after hire.
Responsible for successfully managing the organizational and administrative operations of the Health Information Management Department. Performs supervisory duties to include: hiring, training, evaluating and the day-to-day supervision of the Health Information Management staff. Responsible for maintaining an acceptable level of discharge not final billed (DNFB). Oversees release of information, coding, analysis & assembly, filing, submission of birth certificates, transcription, physician suspension log and the computerized medical record system. Manages the financial aspects of the department and directs the quality assurance activities. Collaborates with the Medical Staff, Department Directors, Managers, the Medical Records Committee and Administration in matters relating to Health Information Management.
Serves as HIPPA and Information Privacy Officer to the organization for all departments and appropriate entities. Develops and assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of HCH Information Privacy Policies and Procedures. Performs initial and periodic information privacy risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance, monitoring activities in coordination with the organizations compliance issue. Performs investigations for suspected HIPPA violations, works with Human Resources and individual department managers for resolution of responsibility for reporting breaches to the Office for Civil Rights.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Schedule: Full-Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Contact: Lesley Hixson
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of an accredited HIT program preferred.
- Current CPC, CCS, CCS-P or RHIT/RHIA certificate required.
- Knowledge of CMS record requirements, DRG, ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding guidelines required.
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training in ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding assignment required.
- Recent inpatient and outpatient coding experience in a Health Information Management department of an acute care hospital or physician practice preferred.
- Previous experience with medical record clinical abstracting into a hospital software system preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology and pharmacology required.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator January 21, 2020
- Case Manager - RN May 13, 2020
- Chemistry Technical Consultant June 25, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler March 12, 2020
- Director of Health Information Management March 4, 2020
- Director of Plant Operations/Engineering March 27, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Per-Diem) March 30, 2020
- Financial Analyst/Support Specialist March 12, 2020
- Medical Assistant II - Pediatrics/Primary Care March 12, 2020
- Medical Assistant II - Urology February 6, 2020
- Network-Infrastructure Engineer I January 21, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time June 8, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Part Time June 10, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) February 26, 2020
- Radiology Technologist ~ PRN June 16, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU (Part-Time) January 28, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - FT 36 hours/week (Sign-on Bonus) February 27, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER (Per-Diem) February 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hours/week May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (0630-1900) June 29, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) January 21, 2020
- RN-ASCU/PACU 40 hrs/week March 3, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020