* PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional ServicesPosted: August 28, 2020
As a member of the Holy Cross Medical Center (HCMC) leadership team, the Practice Manager reports directly to the VP of Physician Practices. The Practice Manager has responsibility for the day-to-day management and oversight of outpatient practice operations. The Practice Manager is expected to lead by example and motivate diverse teams with self-confidence by exemplifying HCMC’s mission, vision, and values. The Practice Manager is expected to have a major physical presence in each practice to personally observe clinical and non-clinical operations, collaborating with providers to implement improvements. The Practice Manager exemplifies a strong work ethic and models professionalism to the employees. The Practice Manager adapts their leadership style to effectively deal with different situations and people, responding professionally when confronted with changes, adversity, and other work-related pressures. The Practice Manager is responsible to ensure that each practice is staffed, scheduled, and supplied in a manner that promotes productivity and high-quality patient service within budgeted parameters thereby improving overall patient satisfaction and enhancing customer loyalty.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the practices to include appointment scheduling, insurance verification, point of service collections, pre-authorizations, advanced beneficiary notifications, telephone management, supply management, and patient throughput.
• Establishes and maintains effective communication and positive relationships with providers. Collaborates with the VP of Physician Practices and other HCMC department leaders to develop and implement programs to foster provider engagement and satisfaction, and increase employee and patient satisfaction.
• Screens and hires clinical and non-clinical practice personnel and is involved in the recruitment of practitioners. Supervises the orientation and training of all new team members. Utilizes the progressive discipline process as needed.
• Monitors staffing levels and allocates staffing as necessary to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of patient care. Recommends and justifies new staffing positions as required by business need.
• Reviews and updates job descriptions for clinical and non-clinical personnel on an annual basis. Creates job descriptions as needed for new staff positions.
• Performs monthly employee rounding’s.
• Conducts performance evaluations for new hires at designated points of their introductory period. Administers annual written performance evaluations for all employees with input from the providers. Performs and documents disciplinary and performance improvement conversations.
• Leads monthly staff meetings and engages participation of staff members.
• Acts as the point of contact for patient concerns. Manages patient complaints with an empathetic, solution based response. Escalates concerns as needed. Models service excellence in all interactions.
• Utilizes Studer® based tools such as AIDET, Rounding for Outcomes, and Stoplight Reports. Hardwires appropriate service tools in the practices. Develops action plans for areas identified as improvement opportunities.
• Performs all supervisory timekeeping tasks in the payroll platform. Reviews time and attendance to ensure adherence to organizational policies. Manages paid leave time requests and FMLA calendar for all practice staff.
• Monitors key performance indicators designed to measure, assess, and improve the quality of care and services provided to patients. Collaborates in the design and implementation of operational improvements using appropriate data, leading practices and benchmarking in conjunction with the effective use of process improvement techniques.
• Participates in the development, review, and revision of standard operating policies and procedures in collaboration with the VP of Physician Practices, providers, and other HCMC department leaders.
• Is responsible for developing and implementing the departments LifeWings Quality and Safety annual plans and related reports.
• Collaborates in the operational and capital budget preparation process. Explains budget variances. Develops and implements processes to improve financial performance in the practices as needed.
• Develops collaborative relationships with revenue cycle management to enhance revenue through front-end revenue cycle processes. Manages the medical billing report to ensure timely completion of physician chart documentation.
• Participates in process improvement initiatives to meet or exceed revenue realization goals.
• Partners with HCMC departments such as HR, IT, HIM, risk management, compliance and others to ensure the practices’ and organizational needs are met.
• Works with the Marketing Department to help manage practice specific social media accounts. Collaborates with providers to develop content to promote the practices, new providers, nationally recognized health-related campaigns, and community events.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory standards such as HIPAA, ADA, OSHA and others.
Schedule: Monday - Friday - Business Hours
Contact: Anna Vasquez
• Associates degree in nursing or business or a related field required. Bachelor’s degree in business, health administration, nursing, or related field strongly preferred.
• FACHE, CMPE, or FACMPE certification preferred.
• Minimum of three years management experience in a medical group setting preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with providers, staff, patients, and the community.
• Experience leading diverse teams; exhibiting strong leadership, facilitation, and collaboration skills while fostering a climate that encourages positive staff and provider morale and commitment.
• Advanced knowledge of provider schedule management and utilization.
• Knowledge of front-end revenue cycle processes including patient registration, government and commercial insurance processes and point of service collections.
• Strong computer Microsoft and Excel skills preferred.
• Experienced in use of EMR documentation and workflows required.
• Excellent written skills are necessary to develop policies, procedures and other documents.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- * PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional Services August 28, 2020
- A/R Posting Analyst August 20, 2020
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator July 6, 2020
- Cancer Support Coordinator August 5, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Surgical Services September 18, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Women's Health Institute July 3, 2020
- Clinical Informatics - EMR Training Coordinator September 18, 2020
- Director of Pharmacy February 14, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Full Time) September 23, 2020
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III August 28, 2020
- Home Visitor II August 14, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant, - General Surgery August 6, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant- Urology August 25, 2020
- Medical Lab Scientist September 16, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Registration Registration (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Registered Nurse -ACSU/PACU Full-time 0.9 (Sign on Bonus) July 13, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (0630-1900) June 29, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) July 27, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) July 6, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020