LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant, - General SurgeryPosted: August 6, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Medical Assistant we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Willing to train the motivated, energetic, positive person looking for an exciting career field!
Title: LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant
Department: Taos Professional Services-Pediatrics/Primary Care.
Description: Rooming of patients including performing patient intake and documentation of vital signs and chief complaint in our EMR system.
Location: Taos, NM - 1397 Wiemer Rd.
Education: HS Diploma or GED required. Graduate of Medical Assistant course preferred.
Medical Assistant II, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week, Day Shift.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Bargaining.
Benefited position starting 1st day of the following month after hire.
Position interfaces with providers and patients and entails: Rooming of patients including performing patient intake and documentation of vital signs and chief complaint in Evident. May queue testing orders for provider in Evident. Handles and processes patient prescription requests according to organizational policy and procedure. May schedule tests and procedures and ensures that results are available for provider when testing/procedure is completed; and follows-up on outstanding patient orders. May perform insurance prior authorizations and eligibility checks. Triages patient calls and takes accurate and detailed telephone messages in Evident for the provider. Secures competencies in point-of-care testing including: Phlebotomy and specimen handling, EKGs, point-of-care urinalysis testing, point-of-care glucose testing, PT INR testing, rapid step testing and instrument sterilization. Assists and chaperones providers during procedures and treatments. Assists in patient discharges including the printing of after visit summaries and educational materials. Responsible for room turnover including room stocking, par level maintenance and surface cleaning in accordance with established cleaning policies and procedures. May process patient record requests from outside medical providers. Administers medications. Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor. May be required to float to other practices to accommodate staffing fluctuations.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Contact: Anna Vasquez
Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Graduate of Medical Assistant Course Preferred
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations required.
• Excellent Customer Service skills required.
• Communication and organizational skills required.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required. Knowledge of Evident preferred.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- * PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional Services August 28, 2020
- A/R Posting Analyst August 20, 2020
- Applications Analyst-Physician Systems Coordinator July 6, 2020
- Cancer Support Coordinator August 5, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Surgical Services September 18, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Women's Health Institute July 3, 2020
- Clinical Informatics - EMR Training Coordinator September 18, 2020
- Director of Pharmacy February 14, 2020
- Environmental Services Aide I (Full Time) September 23, 2020
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III August 28, 2020
- Home Visitor II August 14, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant, - General Surgery August 6, 2020
- LPN, CNA or Medical Assistant- Urology August 25, 2020
- Medical Lab Scientist September 16, 2020
- Occupational Therapist-Orthopedic March 17, 2020
- Patient Registration Registration (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Registered Nurse -ACSU/PACU Full-time 0.9 (Sign on Bonus) July 13, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ER - 36 hours/week - Nights - Sign on Bonus January 31, 2020
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (0630-1900) June 29, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) July 27, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Per-Diem) July 6, 2020
- Surgical Technician II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020