ROAMS Family Navigator for Taos CountyPosted: January 5, 2021
The Family Navigator is a frontline health worker who is a trusted member of the community, and has a unique understanding of the community served. Navigators promote efforts to reduce maternal and child health disparities by identifying and navigating access to a wide range of social and material resources available for perinatal moms. Navigators work closely with mothers, their natural supports, social service agencies, and medical and behavioral health providers to develop and coordinate a care plan that is culturally/linguistically appropriate, trauma-informed, and strength-based. They help mom’s access services that promote health and health literacy, reduce barriers or lack of resources, and support the uptake of home visiting services and breastfeeding supports that utilize best practices for imparting parenting skills and infant care.
Expected Hours of Work: Generally Monday – Friday, normal business hours.
Personal Protective Equipment: Able to don and doff facility provided personal protective equipment when required to perform work duties .
Travel: Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.
Travel required for this position to HCMC and affiliated entities and possible training workshops.
Schedule: Part-time (24 hours)
Contact: Colleen Durocher
1. Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Associate Degree preferred.
• Experience in social services, healthcare, or related field preferred
• Experience in maternal/child health preferred.
• Certification as a Community Health Worker (CHW-C); or ability to obtain within one year of employment, required.
3. Job Knowledge:
• Knowledge of and shared lived experience with the community served.
• Knowledge maternal/child health preferred.
• Competence in widely agreed-upon principles of client-centered practice: empathic, strengths-based, health-literate, trauma-informed, stigma-free care and services.
• Understands fundamentals of evidence-based behavior change, and can support and build on client needs, goals, strengths, and abilities to work towards goals.
• Is fluent in how social determinants of health shape health and health equity, as well as the relationship of health to social justice.
4. Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate easily with others; including demonstrating active listening skills, and communicating with people from different backgrounds, life experiences, and cultures.
• Employs communication that is inclusive, person-first, and culturally/linguistically/developmentally appropriate.
• Ability to identify and navigate the social service systems and advocate for others.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrates healthy boundaries.
• Utilizes person-centered approaches for helping people understand and feel empowered to address health risks for themselves or families.
* Demonstrated response to stressful situations with calmness and professionalism.
A cover letter and resume must be send to Colleen Durocher at email@example.com
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- * PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional Services August 28, 2020
- ** Patient Registration Representative/Scheduler - Full Time Days ***Temporary *** COVID Testing Clinic October 28, 2020
- *Nursing Assistant (Certified preferred) Full time-Temporary February 5, 2021
- Administrative Assistant II (Full Time temporary- Position to change to Part-time regular) Employee Health January 5, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Case Manager - RN PRN-10 hours/month January 5, 2021
- Central Sterile Tech I or II October 21, 2020
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Director of Pharmacy February 14, 2020
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) February 2, 2021
- Environmental Services Aide I February 23, 2021
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III January 5, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter January 29, 2021
- Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist January 21, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- MRI Lead Technologist January 21, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Part-time) November 11, 2020
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time October 16, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- ROAMS Family Navigator for Colfax County January 5, 2021
- ROAMS Family Navigator for Taos County January 5, 2021
- ROAMS Family Navigator for Union County January 5, 2021
- Security Guard-Per Diem (12 hours per week) November 11, 2020
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020