ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW)Posted: February 2, 2021
To provide peer support services as part of a multidisciplinary team to patients with substance use disorder (SUD) and/or mental illness. Provide individualized support, ongoing communication, and follow-up with patients and their health teams.
Essential Job Functions
? Support Patients, first and foremost using their personal experiences to develop meaningful and trusting relationships with patients, acting as a mentor. As someone who successfully managed their own recovery, the ED Peer Support Specialist provides patients an example of what they can strive for in their recovery.
? Conduct intake interviews with patients and patient assessments. Enroll and/or refer them into various community-based programs. Assist patients with completing applications and registration forms. Help patients set personal goals and attend appointments.
? Support patients with behavior change counseling, training in the use of medication assisted treatment (MAT) including buprenorphine, methadone, naltrexone for OUD, and MAT for AUD (especially naltrexone), physical activity, and chronic physical and mental health management.
? Assist in developing a formal and informal community support system, increasing social support networks or relatives, friends and/or significant others. Provide ongoing basic motivational interviewing with patients/families. Provide follow-up services to patients and their families via phone calls, home-visits and visits to other community-based settings.
? Stays in touch with clients monthly and completes follow up assessments.
? Offers encouragement in times of crisis.
? Advocate on behalf of persons with behavioral health problems to protect the client’s rights and to assist in reducing associated stigma.
? Works closely with medical, behavioral health providers and other clinical personnel to ensure that patients have comprehensive and coordinated care.
? Be available to the inpatient units, including med/surg, ICU, and L&D in addition to the ED, and able to engage in dialogue about the treatment of OUD, alcohol use disorder, and other substance use disorders.
? Attends staff meetings, case conferences, individual and group supervision.
? Observes all rules of confidentiality relating to clinical information and treatment, both internally and when dealing with external agencies and/or individuals.
? Maintains professional standards at all times. Observe the guidelines established within the Behavior Standards .
? Manages and maintains patient tracking and outcomes. Documents patient care management information in the Electronic Health Record (training provided).
? Ability to travel as needed
? Perform other related duties as assigned.
Reports to SOR Program Manager
Schedule: Contact- Full-time
Contact: Anna Vasquez
High school diploma, HSE, or equivalent
Personal knowledge and/or experience with SUD, mental illness, and stigma.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in the field of substance use disorder: prevention, peer support, treatment or harm reduction required.
Hospital experience a plus.
Experience in accessing resources, building community support systems, and maintaining ongoing recovery. Active membership in a consumer advocacy or self-help group recommended.
Past experience working directly with people in a service-oriented field is beneficial.
Good communication skills, such as active listening, giving feedback and using appropriate language.
Cultural competence and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community required.
Ability to establish priorities and coordinate multiple activities/tasks.
Basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet).
Reliable transportation with valid New Mexico driver’s license and insurance required
Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
CPSW preferred, CCSS preferred, MI preferred
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- * PRACTICE MANAGER - Holy Cross Professional Services August 28, 2020
- ** Patient Registration Representative/Scheduler - Full Time Days ***Temporary *** COVID Testing Clinic October 28, 2020
- *Nursing Assistant (Certified preferred) Full time-Temporary February 5, 2021
- Administrative Assistant II (Full Time temporary- Position to change to Part-time regular) Employee Health January 5, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Case Manager - RN PRN-10 hours/month January 5, 2021
- Central Sterile Tech I or II October 21, 2020
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Director of Pharmacy February 14, 2020
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) February 2, 2021
- Environmental Services Aide I February 23, 2021
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III January 5, 2021
- Human Resources Recruiter January 29, 2021
- Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist January 21, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- MRI Lead Technologist January 21, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Part-time) November 11, 2020
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time October 16, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator January 21, 2020
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- ROAMS Family Navigator for Colfax County January 5, 2021
- ROAMS Family Navigator for Taos County January 5, 2021
- ROAMS Family Navigator for Union County January 5, 2021
- Security Guard-Per Diem (12 hours per week) November 11, 2020
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020