Patient Sitter (Per-Diem)Posted: September 18, 2020
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Patient Sitter we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Patient Sitter
Department: Medical Surgical
Description: Conduct visual observation of patients.
Location: Taos, NM - 1397 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required.
Patient Sitter, Per-Diem, 12 hrs/week, Varied Shifts.
Non-Exempt, Hourly, Bargaining, Non-Benefited position.
The Patient Sitter will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Positions self in the patient room at the bedside to maintain constant visual observation of the patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the nurse. Proactively assists in the provisions of a safe and clean environment. Other duties include:
• Completes verbal report forms for the patients nurse to include information regarding the patient's identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special considerations (NPO, bed alarms, etc.).
• Demonstrates accurate and timely documentation.
• Timely delivery of patient meals.
• Assists with feeding according to patient's needs.
• Maintains knowledge of which patients are NPO or on a restricted diet.
• Consistently demonstrate competence in performing standard treatment procedures and ensuring patient comfort.
• Provides for patient's complete personal hygiene.
• Obtains instructions from the nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if needed.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Contact: Anna Vasquez
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required.
- BLS required within 6 months of hire date.
- Ability to pass background/drug/and immunization screenings.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ** Patient Registration Representative/Scheduler - Full Time Days ***Temporary *** COVID Testing Clinic October 28, 2020
- *Nursing Assistant (Certified preferred) Full time-Temporary February 5, 2021
- Administrative Assistant I- Part Time March 8, 2021
- Administrative Assistant II (Full Time temporary- Position to change to Part-time regular) Employee Health January 5, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Case Manager - RN PRN-10 hours/month January 5, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Breast and Plastic Surgery April 9, 2021
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of Medical Surgical and ICU April 9, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) February 2, 2021
- Environmental Services Manager April 8, 2021
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III January 5, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- Patient Access Manager March 15, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Pharmacist April 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Sonographer - 40 hours/week March 19, 2021
- Summer Grounds Keeper March 30, 2021
- Summer Maintenance/Painter March 30, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020