Case Manager - RN PRN-10 hours/monthPosted: January 5, 2021
Responsible for coordinating and facilitating the patient's hospitalization from pre-admission through post-discharge. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care team members to expedite medically appropriate, cost effective care. Applies clinical expertise and medical appropriate criteria to resource utilization and discharge planning to achieve desired health maintenance and disease prevention outcomes. Will advise the health care team and provide leadership as necessary. Communicates at inter-departmental level as well as across all health care areas with the goal of improving clinical management of patients, thereby impacting medical and psychosocial care across the health care continuum. Core processes include risk assessment and management of clinical populations, discharge planning, and utilization management. Provides assistance to patients and families through assessment and evaluation of psychosocial, emotional, and financial factors which impact health status and barriers to wellness.
Schedule: PRN 10 hours/month
Contact: Anna Vasquez
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico.
. Certification in Care Management preferred.
• Current BCLS required.
• Requires a minimum of three (3) years acute care experience, preferably in Care Management, Utilization Management, and/or Discharge Planning.
• Multidisciplinary approach to clinical improvement.
• Fiscal Management.
• Managed Care concepts and strategies; DRG reimbursement.
• Convert DRG and Physician practice pattern data information into quantifying data which impacts costs and quality.
• Ability to implement new programs and problem solving mechanisms.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience in developing and presenting education programs.
• Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Third Party admission and concurrent review criteria.
• Knowledge of "Benchmark" and "Best Practice" methodologies.
• Ability to implement and initiate workload changes and set priorities.
• Care Management Practice/Guidelines, to include analyzing, trending and reporting variances
• Working knowledge of Milliman.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ** Patient Registration Representative/Scheduler - Full Time Days ***Temporary *** COVID Testing Clinic October 28, 2020
- *Nursing Assistant (Certified preferred) Full time-Temporary February 5, 2021
- Administrative Assistant I- Part Time March 8, 2021
- Administrative Assistant II (Full Time temporary- Position to change to Part-time regular) Employee Health January 5, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Case Manager - RN PRN-10 hours/month January 5, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Breast and Plastic Surgery April 9, 2021
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of Medical Surgical and ICU April 9, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) February 2, 2021
- Environmental Services Manager April 8, 2021
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III January 5, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- Patient Access Manager March 15, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Pharmacist April 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Sonographer - 40 hours/week March 19, 2021
- Summer Grounds Keeper March 30, 2021
- Summer Maintenance/Painter March 30, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020