Coder IIIPosted: March 5, 2021
Responsible for the conversion of diagnoses and treatment procedures into codes using the international classification of diseases (ICD-9 & CPT-4 codes). Accountable for sequencing of diagnoses and procedures for health statistics, long term planning and reimbursement. Ensures that all records are coded in an accurate and timely manner. Performs abstracting of records.
Schedule: Full-time 40 hours/week
Contact: Anna Vasquez
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Graduate of an accredited HIT program preferred.
• Current CPC, CCS, CCS-P or RHIT/RHIA certificate required.
• Knowledge of CMS record requirements, DRG, ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding guidelines required.
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training in ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding assignment required.
• Recent inpatient and outpatient coding experience in a Health Information Management department of an acute care hospital or physician practice preferred.
• Previous experience with medical record clinical abstracting into a hospital software system preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology and pharmacology required.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ** Patient Registration Representative/Scheduler - Full Time Days ***Temporary *** COVID Testing Clinic October 28, 2020
- *Nursing Assistant (Certified preferred) Full time-Temporary February 5, 2021
- Administrative Assistant I- Part Time March 8, 2021
- Administrative Assistant II (Full Time temporary- Position to change to Part-time regular) Employee Health January 5, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Case Manager - RN PRN-10 hours/month January 5, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Breast and Plastic Surgery April 9, 2021
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of Medical Surgical and ICU April 9, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) February 2, 2021
- Environmental Services Manager April 8, 2021
- Food Service Worker I, II,or III January 5, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- Patient Access Manager March 15, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Pharmacist April 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Sonographer - 40 hours/week March 19, 2021
- Summer Grounds Keeper March 30, 2021
- Summer Maintenance/Painter March 30, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020