Director of Medical Surgical and ICUPosted: April 9, 2021
Do you have a strong commitment to excellence and teamwork? Are you willing to care for our community with respect and compassion? Do you strive to always do the right thing?
If yes, you might be the Director of Medical Surgical and ICU we need!
At Holy Cross Medical Center, we are driven by our mission statement, "To provide our community with the best health care choices close to home in an environment of continual improvement."
Title: Director of Medical Surgical and ICU
Department: Medical Surgical/ICU
Description: Assist in delivery of direct patient care.
Location: Taos, NM - 1398 Wiemer Rd.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school or college of nursing required, MSN or MBA strongly preferred, Current State of New Mexico licensure as a Registered Nurse required, Five or mre years of previous supervisory experience in an Acute Care setting required, Minimum of one year previous experience in a position with 24 our responsibility required.
Director of Medical Surgical and ICU, Full-Time, 40 hrs/week
Exempt, Hourly, NonBargaining, Benefited Position.
Benefited start the 1st day of the following month after hire.
This position has 24 hour responsibility to ensure efficient operations of the assigned Patient Care Services division through clinical, financial and performance management. Requires broad knowledge of clinical and administratie nursing standards and practices, regulatory licensure and accrediting agendy requirements and standards. All aspects of work performed within the divisin are manged. Excellent discretion and independent judgement are required and decision making responsibility includes accountability for consequences and results.
As a Holy Cross Medical Center employee, you will immediately start accruing Personal Leave Time and Major Medical Leave time from day one. You will receive incredible Health, Vision and Dental benefits, paid partially by employee and employer with life insurance, short and long-term disability options. We offer a 403B pension plan, flexible spending accounts, employee discounts on HCMC hospital deductibles, bereavement leave, education opportunities, jury duty compensation, service awards, EAP and Professional Development Program opportunities.
To apply, please fill out an application and attached a current resume. Include gaps in employment and reasons for separation.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen required upon conditional job offer.
Holy Cross Hospital is located in Taos, New Mexico. Taos is a friendly county seat located in Northern New Mexico roughly 40 minutes from Colorado's southern border. With clean rural living, we are located just 65 miles from the capital of Santa Fe, NM, 4 hours from Denver and 2 hours from Albuquerque. At 6,969 feet of elevation, there is outdoor recreation everywhere, quality schools with lots of sun and snow. We have four ski/snowboarding resorts located within 30 minutes of Taos, to include the world famous Taos Ski Valley, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting, golfing, hunting and over 400 years of history.
Holy Cross Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by local, state and federal regulations will be observed.
Schedule: Full Time- 40 hours
Contact: Anna Vasquez
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school or college of nursing required.
MSN or MBA strongly preferred.
Current State of New Mexico licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
BCLS, ACLS and PALS required.
Five or mre years of previous supervisory experience in an Acute Care setting required.
Minimum of one year previous experience in a position with 24 our responsibility required.
Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
Knowledge of DNV/NIAHO certification preferred.
Must have strong critical thinking skills and ability to plan, implement, asse4ss and evaluate programs/projects in a timely manner.
- Other Positions Available Date Posted
- ** Patient Registration Representative/Scheduler - Full Time Days ***Temporary *** COVID Testing Clinic October 28, 2020
- *Nursing Assistant (Certified preferred) Full time-Temporary February 5, 2021
- Administrative Assistant I- Part Time March 8, 2021
- Administrative Assistant II (Full Time temporary- Position to change to Part-time regular) Employee Health January 5, 2021
- Cardiac Sonographer October 20, 2020
- Case Manager - RN PRN-10 hours/month January 5, 2021
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Part Time October 16, 2020
- Clinic Scheduler- Taos Breast and Plastic Surgery April 9, 2021
- Coder III March 5, 2021
- Director of Medical Surgical and ICU April 9, 2021
- ED Certified Peer Support Worker (CPSW) February 2, 2021
- Environmental Services Manager April 8, 2021
- Food Service Worker/Barista (Full-Time) May 3, 2021
- Medical Lab Scientist January 7, 2021
- Patient Access Manager March 15, 2021
- Patient Registration Clerk (Per-Diem) March 27, 2020
- Patient Registration Representative - Full Time April 26, 2021
- Patient Sitter (Per-Diem) September 18, 2020
- Pharmacist April 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse -SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) On Call June 26, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ACU - Full Time-Night (Sign-on Bonus) December 9, 2020
- Registered Nurse-ASCU/PACU January 5, 2021
- Registered Nurse-ER Nights March 8, 2021
- Registered Nurse-L & D - 36 hrs/wk (Sign on Bonus) May 20, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week (Days) February 3, 2021
- Registered Nurse-Med Surg - 36 hours/week Nights July 21, 2020
- Registered Nurse-Perioperative/Circulator March 8, 2021
- Respiratory Therapist (Full Time 36 hours/week) January 14, 2021
- Social Worker (Part-time) December 1, 2020
- Sonographer - 40 hours/week March 19, 2021
- Summer Grounds Keeper March 30, 2021
- Summer Maintenance/Painter March 30, 2021
- Surgical Services Nurse Manager February 17, 2021
- Surgical Technician I or II February 26, 2020
- Surgical Technician IV-First Assist January 21, 2020